Monday, September 24, 2012

CORRECTION:OSU bookstore "Tech" problem

Update 9/25/12: It was entirely my fault. I was reading the directions and the way they were worded had me thinking to do it a different way--I think it's because I was just with another program where it was very similiar but if you clicked something over, it didn't add to a collection, but removed it all. So, it was not the tech. The password stuff and not getting logged in? That was DEFINITELY the OSU Bookstore problem. I had my username and password and someone tampered with it. But getting to the book check-up mix-up was my fault.


RE: Website Problem‏


To see messages related to this one, group messages by conversation.
















12:49 PM







Reply ▼














cam huegenot

To james@osubeaverstore.com



































Hi James

I don't want someone else choosing a password for me. I did not make a mistake with using the incorrect login. You will need to remove the password you created and I will stay with the one I created for myself. If you have erased it, please clear the system entirely so I may enter in new information again.

Your site was not working for me, with either username and login and there was no mix-up between them. I used one email address, password and username for one account and when this was tampered with, I used a different email address, username, and password. There was no conflict.

Let me know when you have removed your alterations to my password and do not make any changes to my accounts without my prior approval. You can change the problem with your own system, but do not make changes to my personal account information without getting my authorization to do so first.

Thanks,

Cameo




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 10:53:22 -0700
From: james@osubeaverstore.com
To: cameocares@live.com
Subject: Re: Website Problem


I think part of your problem with trying to log onto your account is you have two different email addresses and two different usernames... and I would assume two different passwords. I imagine it would be easy to mismatch any of those three and not be able to access either of your accounts.



I have reset your password for this account info:




email: loree.O.eerol@gmail.com

User name: iamoliversmommy

New password: Bigdaddy1

Both of the accounts have you as the named respondent even though the emails are different. The second account you created is locked and not sure why so I just adjusted the password on this account.




Read your blog posting.... really don't think the issue is the OSU Beaver Store unleashing a virus or hacker on you. Since no other customer is experiencing the same issues think what you are experiencing is either something amiss on your cpu or user error.




Still happy to walk through things with you however. Please respond with a phone number and I'll give you a call.




Take care - James



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "cam huegenot"
To: james@osubeaverstore.com
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2012 3:27:03 PM
Subject: RE: Website Problem


Do you go to "comparison shopping" and then select term (FALL 2012) and then classes, and then click on the bottom green button?

After you click on the green button, are you saying it takes you to a new page?

I need to know if you are following the same link I am.

1. I go to the "show now!" (order books online) link, after clicking on "buy textbooks" in the leftside menu.
2. I then click to "agree to textbook" terms.
3. I am then on a "comparison shopping" page.
4. Fall 2012 is selected and then I selected classes.
5. I click on the green bar at the bottom to go forward.
6. After clicking on this, it does nothing and doesn't go to a new page.

So are you saying this is what you are doing, and the same link other students are using and not having a problem with?

This is the other thing, do you have to be signed up for the class before it will allow you to buy books? (I would think not).

If you could tell me if this is what you're doing, to be sure I'm following the right link and page, let me know.

When I go to a different link, under "Academics", I find a link to "view faculty textbooks". This allows me to see the CRNS and what books they use, but there is no price and no place to order from this calendar/list. The only place to buy or make an order, from what I see on the site, is through the "show now-comparison shopping" site.

What happens if YOU click on that green bar, after you've selected a class? Could you tell me what comes up next for you when you do this?

This is urgent. I have to order books today and I need to see the cost from OSU.

Thanks,

Cameo




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Re: Website Problem
From: james@osubeaverstore.com
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 15:19:15 -0700
To: cameocares@live.com


Sorry Cameo, I can not replicate what you are describing. I can place an order and go through the entire process... Often when you select the shopping cart page it will open a new tab.




You may want to try rebooting your computer and possibly try another browser.




As I said, the site is working...we are not receiving communication from any other web customer.




We do not reset passwords. Unless you spoke with someone and requested they do so for you.






James Howard
Academic Materials Manager

OSU Beaver Store





On Sep 22, 2012, at 1:59 PM, cam huegenot wrote:





No, that's not what is happening. I cannot order anything from this site because it's not allowing me to order or to go to an order page. I just videotaped this.

I already opened a new account because someone in your system changed my password. So I had to use a different email address and open a new account and log in again.

All of a sudden a new link came up to view books on a calendar and that does nothing to help me order them. My "account" information is showing up accurately but when it says "shop here" and to go to a page to purchase, it isn't allowing me to add books to a cart or a shopping list, or to buy anything.

I cannot wait until tomorrow.

Will you please tell me if I am going to the correct place to make an order? Because I'm clicking on the textbook agreement link and then it takes me to "comparison shopping" and when I select something and then click on the green tab to process this, the page does not move forward. So I select books, then click on the green tab at the bottom for comparison shopping and it doesn't change to a new page. It doesn't add my selection to a cart either.

Please tell me which link I am supposed to be using to order books because I have to do it TODAY.

Thanks




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Re: Website Problem
From: james@osubeaverstore.com
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 13:35:29 -0700
To: cameocares@live.com


Hi Cameo - The website is operational currently and was so all day yesterday. You can look up course listings without an issue. If you are a distance student, you can still order books on he site for shipping. In that case, you can check out as a "guest" if your per-established account sort up isn't working.




I'll be in the office tomorrow and can look up your account info and pass along what I find. More than likely you'll get a password reset request sent to the email you provided.

James Howard
Academic Materials Manager

OSU Beaver Store





On Sep 22, 2012, at 12:46 PM, cam huegenot wrote:






I sent this email last night to "text manager" and noticed today some of the letters are missing to the address I typed in. I am positive I typed in the full email address correctly.

Then, this morning I went to the site again and tried it and now it's saying I have an incorrect username and password. It is not incorrect. I wrote it down on a piece of paper and signed up for it at the same time. I used the exact same username and password today, and refered to this paper to be sure (even though I did remember) and I am not being allowed to sign in to the bookstore site.

So yesterday it wasn't allowing me to look up books after I signed in successfully and was already logged in. Then today I find my email is not going to you for some reason and your website is not allowing the same username and password I used yesterday.

Will you please look into who is operating the site computer system at this time and as of yesterday?

I cannot sign up for books without a functioning site to order from.

Thanks,

Cameo L. Garrett




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: cameocares@live.com
To: extmanager@osubeaverstore.com
Subject: Website Problem
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 18:39:32 -0700


I have logged onto your bookstore site for the first time and the site is not working.

I typed in a search for books for a class and then clicked on "compare" and nothing shows up. No book titles show up and the page doesn't change. I checked with other classes and it's not working for any of the classes.

If this continues to be a problem, will you please provide a list of the books that the classes require and their prices to my address?

Thanks,

Cameo




--

James Howard | Academic Materials Manager

OSU Beaver Store
(541) 737-0036
osubeaverstore.com

No comments: