Friday, September 28, 2012

University of Utah Crime (Medical Records Withheld)

I got "medical records" from the University of Utah and instead of giving me my entire medical record, they gave me 2 pages of 1 of the radiology scans for 1 CT.

I sent a signed release, asking for a full release of all of my records, and they sent me 2 pages of a CT and then snidely told me when I called, that the woman's title, who processed my request was "abstractor".

So they thought it was funny to have the Judith Hagen, "Abstractor", send me an "abstract" of my medical record.

I had an entire surgery done there, more than one actually, one for my neck at one time, and one for my head at a different time. They have more than 1 2 pg. paper for a CT.

I then called the Chief Executive Officer for their hospital, who I am told is "David Entwistle". His assistant "Melissa" wanted to refer to me as "Cami" after I already told her what my name was and they've been expecting my call.

This is a copy of the email I just sent David Entwistle:

From: cameocares@live.com
To: david.entwistle@hsc.utah.edu
Subject: HIPPA Law Regarding Medical Records
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:22:31 -0700

Dear Mr. Entwistle:

I sent a request for release of my medical records from a major surgery I had at your hospital in 1995.

I was sent one 2 pg. report from one CT and nothing more.

I need to know where the rest of my medical record is and this needs to be sent to me immediately as it is 30 days past the date of my original request, which is documented by a notary. The medical information department is not going to be helpful when I just talked to them and they said they cannot find anything.

When I first called I was told my full record was there and that it was archived. So in the 30 days it took to process my request, I expected to see the full record.

I was admitted to your hospital on May 15-16 of 1995, by life flight. I had to then wait until a doctor arrived at your hospital to do a surgery for my broken neck. After they did surgery on my neck, a day or two later a doctor came into my private room at the hospital and stitched up my head. It was possibly 2 days later because I remember wondring why they had left my head wound and not repaired it during the neck surgery. I would recognize the face of the doctor who did this surgery and my mother was also sitting in the room at the time.

Your hospital received money from NASA and the DOD, and opened a new program after my surgery, for 'telesurgery' and 'telepharmacy'. Your hospital also purchased 15 new lots and buildings, or constructed new buildings, after this surgery.

I am therefore very clear about the date.

Please let me know how quickly someone is able to process my HIPPA request.

Thanks,

Cameo L. Garrett
534-06-4362
medical record # assigned with my name for 1 CT report is 08570194

***********************************************************
I remember my mother's expression while she sat at the other end of the room as this doctor came in and started to stitch up my head. She started crying and I looked over and asked her why she was crying.

She was watching this doctor as he stitched my head 1-2 days after I had this horrific neck surgery. I didn't know why they were waiting to stitch my head up. My hair was getting greasy and I wanted to shower and there was a bandage over the head, but it was left there. Then one day, during daytime, he walked into the room, closed the door, and said he was there to stitch up my head. So he worked right there in my room, not in a hospital operating room or anything, but like it was an out-patient thing. He gave local shots to my head to numb it and then he was stitching and doing whatever he was doing. I couldn't see his work, or what he was doing, but I remember his hair and face and stature. He had dark brown hair and looked Italian. He talked to me harshly and I could tell he didn't like me. He acted like he didn't like me and had something against me. I didn't pick up on that from some of the nurses, but with him, absolutely.

Absolutely Elle.

No comments: