Monday, June 16, 2008

Con Artist

Having slept well, after waking my friend, I have a newer perspective. How come my other friends think he's full of sh**?

I'm wondering too, because I've "caught" him with another woman, and the excuses never ended, even though the story kept changing. I also know he's cheated in the past, because he told me once after having a little too much to drink, and for whatever reason he doesn't remember it now. He's out all the time, and I found this other woman involved when he thought I would be at work and I only came back unexpectedly. There is a slight chance he's not lying, and I want to believe him, but I almost wonder if he's trying to preserve her reputation more than his own. I also found maskara that wasn't mine, on his shower curtain when I came to visit a couple weeks ago. Women's perfume on his shirt and crap, and then stupid stuff recently, like wanting to get close to me, and lying next to me all night without trying anything, and then all of a sudden, next thing I know, the Body Works bath stuff and sprays are not for me but, he says, were for him all along. Okay, Mr. Cotton Blossom. I certaintly don't see him spraying himself all over with the cotton blossom spray. Just back and forth and back and forth. Like a frickin' mind game, which makes me wonder how legit any of this is.

On one hand, he told me himself, out of the blue, that he had cancer, and then he revised it to how they found precursor marks for it. The main ones, found in blood. Then I read, you can't find "precursor" marks for pancreatic cancer and you either have it or you DON'T. So, either he's lying about NOT having cancer when he must know he does have it, OR he never had it at all, because there's no such thing as pancreatic cancer precursor stuff.

Well, who cares about the cancer stuff. I thought it might be a lovely way to make sense of things. Tragic, but honest. I would want him to fight it of course, but it would explain some other B.S. and helped me to put my arms around the matter. Who knows. Maybe the "blood" spatters I found and cleaned, what the heck?! maybe he DOES eat in the shower. Maybe he eats hot dogs with ketchup in the shower when I'm not around, at work.

The man is either gay, married...(oh, and that's another thing--I have someone telling me he's married with kids whom he says are his nieces, and I do believe him on that one, so far), or...I can't remember the other option, now that "dying" is probably not the case. This last sentence isn't my assessment, it's what a couple of other men think. And then I have a couple of women and older men, who say he's a cheater, and that once a cheater, always a cheater. Even the Christie Brinkley's of the world cannot change cheaters.

I think there's a cheating type that can generally be faithful--the one where they're married forever and they meet someone at work and things sort of happen and it's not planned and it's a one time deal. Then there are guys who can just never settle down, who want to have their cake and eat it too.

At any rate, I'm not interested in counting condoms to be sure of what's going on.

Nobody should settle for anything but the best and what's best for them, and I'm a little bit tired of feeling pushed and then pulled, and then given this listening ear and helping hand and threatened the next minute. WHY threaten me? for what?! I get threatened if I question him or he thinks I don't "believe" him, which, in a way, is typical cheaters behavior. I do not know.

Love 'em and hate 'em, but in the end, there is a type of woman for a man like this, who would be content to go along with shenanigans and that woman is not ME!

I don't have to be cold about it to feel okay with things. I'm perfectly happy caring about someone and wanting the best for their life, and thinking they have a lot to offer--but don't insult my intelligence.

No comments: