Monday, June 23, 2008

Music

I stayed up all night last night. I lit candles which were not mine and a fire that isn't mine, in almost July, and listened to music that belongs to, and is the property of everyone. Cried after writing my post, at about 2:30 a.m., listening to U2's "Stay (So Close, So Far Away). If I could work for any filmmaker, it would have to be Wim Wenders. The video for this song is by him, and his earlier stuff I like even more. The panoramic views from The American Friend are among my favorite. Love his cinematography.

Heard some new music, "Do Ya" by Dover, which I liked but I was surprised to find it's Spanish (?!). Also saw that "Where's Matt" video of the guy who is filmed dancing a jig in different countries around the world, which also made me cry about halfway through.

No comments: