Monday, July 28, 2008

Intro To Charlie Wilson

Last night, I was kicking back with my roommate and he put in the movie "Charlie Wilson" with Tom Hanks. I hadn't seen it before. It's about a congressman who helps Afghanistan fight against Russia, and pretty much does the fundraising and gains support for the cause through his position.

I didn't realize congressmen could do this sort of thing, or were involved much in international affairs.

I told my roommate how I had wanted to visit all of the embassies in D.C. and he said it's possible. He said he'd take me to them and that he used to be in that area, doing training or security for the Vice President or something. I said I didn't know what I'd do--"Hi everyone!" (?!), but I want to do this before I leave D.C. I'm going to have to leave before I can come back, to fix this thing concerning my son.

If I could work for a non-profit, getting in through an internship, and work with international people, I think that would be fun. I enjoy learning from other cultures and advocating for any type of civil rights issue.

No comments: