Friday, July 25, 2008

Notes From Last Night

From My Notes Last Night...I decided to copy and paste what I wrote and observed last night until I started getting asked to dance. After that, I had to shut the computer down because they were sort of lining up. I took one guy's number just to get dance lessons from him and to meet me in a public place again, for this...Oh, and when I left, one of the guys followed me outside but another one came with and stood watch, to be sure I was safe going home alone. So nice! Thanks to the good guys.


I wish someone would buy me a drink here at this bar. I'm at my own table, not at the bar (which seats 5) and bought my own papuso...I just theought about (omitted) and the movie "Lost in Translation" just came to mind. I wish someone would walk in here and buy me a drink and something to eat. I need to start writing about all the crap of the TTSOML stuff but I'm having a hard time getting there. I need to write this stuff out, here, and then just post it online when I can, but there's something satisfying about hitting that "post" button and doing it instantaneously.

I think I need a drink. This bar is filling up. Everybody is speaking Spanish except the guy right in front of me, who is the only other Caucasian person here, who says to me he's leaving pretty soon.

I think this isn't karaoke. It's this woman's set-up I believe. She looks really good. She's wearing this tiny black dress and is huge on top and has a nice everything else. She's gorgeous. All the women here are voluptuous.

This is sort of a hideaway, I think, from regular DC. I don't imagine a lot of political wrangling happens here. The people here mainly look like regular workers, like I would find in Wenatchee. Probably a little poorer in general. Okay, If I'm going to sit here and take up a table, I should probably start writing things that are important.

Well, I just bombed trying to communicate with some people from Honduras. I apologized for my poor Spanish and tried to explain I know Mexican-Spanish. Okay, this guy in front of me is really comfortable, he's got his foot on the chair in front of him. I don't know if that's okay ? in this culture? maybe it's traditional in some Latin American countries. This guy just had a glass of wine. This other guy just asked if I wanted a cervesa. YES! YES! YES!

Okay, I may be able to write now. I may get distracted though. I really like this song...This guy said it's "bachata". I like it. The guy in front of me doesn't even speak any Spanish. So I'm really wondering about his feet on the chair.

With this music, esta difficiles a concentrar. to concentrate.

It would be really fun to sing songs in Spanish in another country. I would love it.

Okay, I am going to TRY to write something serious to post later. I just sort of forgot where I left off.

Now the guy who bought me the beer really wants me to talk to him. Okay, this is interesting. The guy in front of me is getting another glass of wine. Oh, and I guess he's having dessert. So that's okay. I was wondering what the heck he's doing here because he's so detached. Sort of a voyeur. Well, the woman singing IS gorgeous. Probably just his type.

No comments: