Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Toasting The Town (D.C.)

Hmmm. I'm going to need a nom de plume, or whatever it's called. I got hired for a non-profit in D.C. today. Yay! And I can take it with me, as they're flex time and flex travel. I will have to contemplate whether it is a good idea for my name to be connected to the organization...I don't want to be anything but an asset.

After my interview (and, by the way, my boss is a like a charismatic speaking genius) I was stopped in my tracks by an aspiring diplomat with middle eastern roots. I'm becoming a middle east magnet. Yay! And we're going to hear live jazz very soon.

I believe my quest for weed will be over very soon. D.C. is a combination town. Conservative, moreso than I would have thought, where almost everything still closes on a Sunday, but weed is in abundance. Oh, and the Mayflower. Let me tell you something...The Mayflower Hotel seems to be guarded almost as heavily as the White House. It's become a historic landmark, what with Spitzer and call girls and all. I passed by at noon and every man within sight was looking me up and down, wondering, I guess, or, perhaps, reminiscing wistfully of days bygone. I did see a few flushed young and pretty women leaving with a man on her arm, but I suspect this is more from the idea she could be suspect.

I really did wonder at all of the very good looking businessmen crowding that particular corner of the street. I was searched more closely at that junction than when I passed security guards by the White House.

I've no idea why.

I've had many adventures here. Good luck too. I've had $100 worth of Metro passes given to me, and then, after receiving this, have been let through without having to even use them, by transportation authorities.

This morning, a gentleman offered me a free computer, but I don't have it yet. He deals in Apple computers. Just my luck this was the man I flagged down for a ride to the Metro station after having to wait too long for a bus.

I've been offered free housing, and free food, and even free weed today too.

I'm not even young and cute anymore!!!

I'm just happy and friendly. My roommate said to me, "You're a really, really, nice person. You're friendly, and you're easygoing. But you have some DRAMA sweetie. Your situation is DRAMA man." He says it's not my fault. I'm so nice and yet my situation is terrible.

I'm going to have a drink in D.C. tonight. I haven't done that yet. I need to toast the town, make it official.

And I may leave for awhile, in the near future, but I know I'll be back.

No comments: