Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Special Soldiers In Afghanistan

Well, they're all special, all over the world, people are.

Last night I had a treat of finding out something I intuited, which was really very rare because I was so sure and yet I knew no details...

It was a really cool thing to find out because I had told this woman, at a bar, when I was doing kaoreoke once, it was something that's happened maybe a handful of times...I instantaneously went to her and said, not even knowing she had a son or how old or what he did, I said, "I felt I was supposed to tell you, your son is going to be okay."

She wanted to know how I knew her son but I didn't know she even had one. I just knew I was supposed to give her the message. So then I found out, last night, when I met her again, that he is 21 and in Afghanistan!

So this was really cool bc I went from one rotary or private club to the next, meeting people and having a drink and it came full circle, at one place where they put together packages for soldiers and I was thinking what a great idea and then at the next one, meeting the woman whose son and squad it was for.

She said it had really touched her and her son bc his leader and people had just died and he was in the middle of it. I was really surprised. It was a great thing.

My "images" are just ideas, hit and miss, but that night, I knew I had to tell her this. But I didn't know why and then I found out last night! It was great.

I will also have to write about the visit with my son today, which was really sweet.

I don't know, if it's not true, I'll find out.

I had a really great time talking to this man who gave me an agate tonight as well. That was really nice. I like talking to him.

No comments: