Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bear Necessities: Trees and Ladders (photos)


I took these two, and the headshots, and my mother took the rest. My mom was like, "Some of them are really cute, but the top of the head is cut off!" I just wanted to get some personality photos, close-up. You know what I'd really like to do, if I could, or had the money? (And was up to it in other ways not explained here)...Filmmaking. I'd love to do a character piece. I am into people. Landscapes...I can't do without, I would die without the beauty of nature. But I'll leave it to someone else to capture that on film. I've photographed flowers (peonies mainly), which I'm obsessed with, but people and animals are what I like to focus on best. When I was little, I only drew people. And trees. That was it. Now, my favorite thing to write about and photograph is people. What is more interesting?! I like Russian authors because they're so into the psychology of people. Crime & Punishment was a great read. I also like survival stories, ever since I was little I've read them. True stories where people survive the elements or a personal trauma (of any kind).
But I would like to be the one holding the camera for filmmaking. At least for a handheld documentary or something. I like trying to capture natural shots of people and their facial expressions. I wanted to do a documentary, a funny one, on cat obesity when I lived with roommates who had two ENORMOUS cats. On their level. Like, film from ground level, from the cat's perspective. Now I want to film my son, just for memories, not really as a movie. But if I could go back to school with unlimited resources, I would go for filmmaking. And I would write my own scripts with lots of character.








Who needs a country club?
(surveying the orchard) So cool...










From the womb, he's favored sucking his left thumb...A leftie? I don't know, but you're a CUTIE!















Trees and ladders
Better than Chutes and Ladders
The outdoorsman































































I still don't know how to edit or fix lay-out.




No comments: