Sunday, August 19, 2007

Imperfect Writing, Imperfect Me

I am already embarressing myself with my writing.
Today I checked the search engine and what comes up with my name is:
"I was identified as having "impressive running form" by ..."
Blech. I may as well have a beer in one hand and be drawing the outline of the size of the huge fish I caught with the other. It's true what I wrote, but I know how it sounds. I could edit it, but that would spoil my intentions here.

When it comes to writing journals and e-mail, I am really an advocate of automatic writing, or free (whatever it's called) writing. If I edit here, it will be to fix simple errors. I'm not interested in making this blog perfect or trying to make myself look and sound perfect. I'll be writing about imperfections of others, so it's only fair that I not try to retouch myself.

No comments: