Monday, June 25, 2012

Heist of Cartel Des Don Juan Tenorio

I just looked up this painting.  I was thinking about it last night, and wondering what the painting looked like.

I sort of laughed when I read the guy just ran off with it.

I was thinking it was another planned drilling through a glass ceiling and rappeling down ropes or something, but no, this man pretended to be buying it and ran off. ???

He must have been practicing at the track first.

How do you sprint away with a painting under your arm?

I hate being stolen from personally, but art heists are sort of interesting to me.  It's more like the rich stealing from the rich, and it's shocking anyone can still steal this kind of thing anymore.

I like the painting, with the design above and the dots to delineate the contourse of the skull.

I used to have something, a map or something, with the same colors.  I'm trying to remember...but I had something like it.  Those were the colors of my living room in St. Johns--I painted it these colors and had these color of accents and then I added this blue and turquoise and green threaded modern couch.

My floor was the color of the brown there, the walls were the bisque, and I had green tall trees in brownish-red baskets, and then I had a huge map of the world too.

The most shocking accent I had was this straight-lined, flat cushioned (with buttons) bright turquoise couch.  It had threads of bright green and bright blue running through it in a sort of very bright 1950s or 1960s tweed look.

I had two crystal halves of a candy dish that were crystal cut and sort of looked like salters and I used them to hold vanilla colored candles on top of my hope chest which was chestnut colored and solid cedar, in front of the turquoise couch.  My hardwoods were oak with a bright golden, sort of chestnut finish, and then I had a large dining room table in the adjoining diningroom which had a flat cream colored cloth trim plain bisque woven rug under the table.  My walls were pale cream with sort of a pale yellow undertone. 

I had a map of the world up on my walls ever since I was age 18.  I was into knowing where places in the world were, and then I had my World Book which I referred to a lot, to look up different countries.

The colors were a chestnut-oak-cedar wood color (the oak floors, the cedar chest, the basket holding a 6 ft. green tree), white trim (the crown molding around the ceilings and the built-in bookcases and glass cabinets with leaded glass and multi-paned) and then the creamy pale yelllow color of walls.

Then, adding this shocking color of couch was something my roommates thought was different.  I liked it.

Then my bookcases were full of old and new books, which added different colors with different binding colors.

I also had a circular large wicker chair, one of those huge round chairs that's on a stand, with pale off-white cloth cushions.

I also had 2 brass tapered candles stands which I had over the hearth, because then the fireplace was in front of the cedar chest. 

I brought in an oriental rug to go over the wood floors in the living room and it had colors of crimson, cream, rust, black, and a cream fringe.

Then the screen for the fireplace was black and fine mesh and pretty classic.

I had an easle set up in one corner, an art easle, and I used this to hold one of my watercolor paintings I got at a thrift store.  It was a blond-wood easle, full-size, and I used it instead of putting a nail in the walls because the walls were the old-fashioned plaster underneath.  I didn't put any nails in my walls because I didn't want to crack them underneath.  Basically, you had to buy hooks or something to attach to the crown molding and hang things from, or find other solutions.  There were windows above the hearth which was over the fireplace and I added green plants there.

Later, a neighbor gave me a full-size teacher's blackboard, but I always had some kind of framed art displayed on the easle.  I used the easle myself when I was painting with oils after I got the basement water-sealed and finished a room there.   That's when I was making an oil copy of a ballerina from a Degas print I liked, and her tutu was blue with white and a thin black sash

No comments: