Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Medical Terminology Progress

This is the online program I've had a problem with every time I've tried to use it. In the last few days it has worked more normally, but this is after other students had no problems for over 2 1/2 months.

I get one or two weeks of problem-free time as opposed to their 2 1/2 months of no hassle. Then I wasn't even told I was switched back to the correct problem, or actually, my email wasn't coming in on time so that took up more days, basically leaving me with less than 1 week to review 1-9 chapters and take 9 chapter tests by this Friday.

I reviewed 1-6 out of 9 chapters late afternoon to evening yesterday.  And I had other work to keep up with as well.  I peer reviewed a paper and sent in comments out of courtesy to her, because I told her if she sent it to me that day, I would have it back to her the same day, which I did.

To take the second medical terminology course for credit, you have to pass with an "A" which I am not expecting when I'm forced to crunch  3 months into 1 week, which isn't anything almost any student would be expected to do.  She told me I could take an "incomplete" but that's not what I signed up for either.  I have other things to do with my time and can't be hung up with an incomplete.  So regardless of grade, I'm finishing the class by Friday.

Because I've had so many problems with online programs and testing, with someone attempting to ruin and manipulate things, if I'm trying to test out of classes for other terms later, I'm taking a mini-videocamera with me to film the screen.

I just offered to go back and take the timed typing test again, with my filming it to prove what happens.

Why should I be forced out of ANYTHING.

What is this?  Communism?  I'm thinking that for all of the cheap talk I hear about America, as a citizen, what I experience is nothing less than communism--trying to push me out of this program and trying to force me into that one...

It's NOT YOUR LIFE.  I own it.  Not you.



No comments: