Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sauerkraut

I opened up my sauerkraut today to test it.

It's very good!!!

It's crunchy and fermented perfectly.  I compared it to this storebought kind and said, "Mine is much better."  I said, "Mine is more live, it has more live cultures."  And this other kind had other preservatives in it that you could taste.

I said, "I might have made the ribbons of sauerkraut a little thinner and that's it." 
It takes like fresh sauerkraut or kim chi without any spices or preservatives in it.  It's really good!  I thought, cabbage is so inexpensive...and this is so good...!

It worked great on my throat.  Right away you could tell there was the active good bacteria that a good sauerkraut should have.

I think, I like raspberry idea, small patch, for organic selling; and milk thistle tincture; and then possibly after figuring out how to license 1 tincture, maybe market sauerkraut.  That would be after raspberries and milk thistle tincture. 

I said, "Sauerkraut isn't expensive, but the kind with live cultures takes longer to make."  And I said, "And maybe a jam or jelly."  I said, "I'm not into the idea of making and selling bread and pastries because people corner that market and it sells cheaper."  I mean, if you're a baker or have a bakery or do specialty cakes, like my Aunt Holly has done for people in the past (several layered cakes with hand-done decorations), but if you don't do that, you have to have tons of money to compete.  My Aunt Holly used to have a small cake business for wedding cakes and specialty cakes and she did it all by hand herself. She doesn't anymore, but she used to.

I think marketing with a medicinal-health aspect is what I like.   I mean, sauerkraut is just sauerkraut until you find out it's what keeps people in some countries from getting diabetes.

No comments: