Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Lexis Nexis Owns Elsevier?

I made a comment at the end of the last post, about the online Ellsworth program.

Last night while I was trying to access the Elsevier medical terminology class, I clicked on a link that takes me straight to the Elsevier course site.  I always click on this same link and it brings up Elsevier.  Well last night, before it went to Elsevier, it went to LexisNexis, a legal online site.

So I'm wondering if Lexis Nexis owns Elsevier or if the two online companies are owned by the same group. 

I didn't type in anything about Lexis Nexis but it was bringing up that online program address before bringing up Elsevier, in the same search, so it's possible they are owned by the same company.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LexisNexis and Elsevier are both owned by Reed Elsevier NV of the Netherlands and Reed Elsevier PLC of the UK

Anonymous said...

Yes, Elsevier & LexisNexis are both owned by parent Reed-Elsevier.