Sunday, June 3, 2012

Weird Clot On Knee ? (don't know)

Right after this one guy said something about don't take too much Vitamin K, because it will cause clots (or can), I got some kind of weird clot (? don't know) on my knee!

I've never had it happen before.  My Mom said you must have done it while you were kneeling but I remember kneeling briefly on the other knee (right one) to collect dirt from the soil to put in wheelbarrow, not my left knee (where the clot appeared).  That's the knee where I had my patella lasered because of damage from the car accident and swelling.

I took all these new vitamins yesterday and by last night, I had this weird bump forming on my left knee and it felt like a little knob and turned color.  Today it's all red and bruised looking, under my kneecap and to the side, it's purplish and I still have the knob which feels like a bump in a vein on my knee.

So I took some primrose oil last night and went to bed and it was better this morning.

I have no idea which one of the vitamins could cause this reaction.  I really don't recall bumping it against the wheelbarrow or doing anything to that knee at all.  I took a bath last night and noticed, whoa! a big bump forming on my knee.

Let's see, I took 3 of the multivitamins (20% RDA of K per 1) just for a bolster start, 2 guarana's total (one morning one evening), an acidophilus in the morning, CoQ10 (one morning one night), silica 500 (1 morning) MSM (1000 mg solo) and that's it.  I did some gardening and then was thirsty and had a couple of packets of propel zero in my water and I was swelling up on my knee.  The main ones I had that evening were a CoQ10, a multi, and 1 guarana.  That was it.  I had the MSM stuff in the afternoon with silica and the other things early morning.

I thought maybe it's the MSM targeting my collagen in patella? or CoQ10?  The Vitamin K total that day would have been 17 mcgs.

I had asked this man about Vitamin K1 because I saw K2 and read K1 is better and he said be careful bc you can get clotting if you take it without a doctor's recommendation.  I said I had a blood clotthing issue that went the other way and then he said all they had was prescription (doctor prescribed) K which could cause clots if you're not on warfarin...hmmm...I wonder if it's the guarana? might have to read about what guarana does.

Anyway, I said okay and that was Friday.  Saturday night, late, I was getting this hard bump growing up on my knee.  Totally weird.  And it's where I had my patella lasered.  Then, I thought, "If that's a clot, I'll take primrose oil" so I took one evening primrose and went to bed.  This morning it's all red and then purple on one side.

I can't remember if maybe I felt any internal bleeding or pains but it's just the one knee that I hit really hard in my car accident.    I haven't had any kind of reaction to that knee for years, but something I took caused a reaction to the exact same region.  It raised up on my knee to the size of a jumbo marble.  So yeah, it was noticeable.  Today it's more of a flattened regular small marble size and is almost gone but it's red all under my kneecap and then purple to the side of where the knob is.  It's a ligament I think, instead of a vein, but not sure.  Anyway, it was huge and grew very fast last night.  I had thought "what is in this DIRT?!!" and got the dirt out from under my nails but it was something with my vitamin combo and maybe kneeling I guess.  I just don't remember.

My Mom said it's probably from kneeling or something but I made her feel it tonight because it's so weird, like a little knob in my vein on my knee.  I think I remember it was pronounced like that after my car accident too.  And the redness is beneath the patella, sort of where I remember most of the injury.  My first thought was that maybe the MSM targeted it? but it happened right after 1 more multi and a guarana and a CoQ10 and then propel zeros.

No comments: