Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Lavendar Germination Experiment

I decided to try a small experiment but I need a larger batch actually.  Testing 2 seeds at a time is not going to give me an answer.  I didn't want to use up all the seed for this though.  I poured some out into my hand and then put to the side, and counted them out and there were 14.  There were 14 until one of them bounced out of the lid and went on my floor somewhere.  So I had 13.

Then I prepped and washed 6 Smart Water bottle lids for Petri dishes bc I wanted something small and these lids had the hardest plastic.  Eventually, I then used 7 because I used 2 seeds at a time for each "dish" and then with one gone and one leftover odd, I then washed a 7th one.

I washed in very hot water with soap and rinsed in scalding water.  Then I put 1 drop of collodial silver in each dish.  Added plain water.   I added the collodial silver for sterilization reasons, but I might have tried it without that.

1.  Then I punctured 2 seeds with a fine needle.  One seed was accidentally punctured all the way through so I don't think that's good but anyway.  Placed it water.  I would normally, for an experiment, try several seeds, at least 5-10, but I started with 2.

2.  Next 2 were placed in water unaltered.

3.  Next 2 were placed in water with less than 1/28th of an opened capsule of betaine hcl (with pepsin added).  Just more than a few grains really.

4.  Next 2 placed in water with remaining capsule contents of betaine hcl. (each capsule is 648 mg betain hcl and 130 mg pepsin).

5.  Next 2 placed in water with 8-9:1 water to apple cider vinegar.

6.  Next 2 placed in water, smeared with CoQ10 and affixed to the bottom of the lid with this substance.

7.  Then, I had 1 seed leftover so I then washed another cap, and squeezed out a bunch of my used English Breakfast tea bags into the capsule for strong tea solution (no sugar added).

I'll wait until tomorrow and see what's happened.

Ginko might be interesting.

I'm not going for straight science and exacts really, just want an idea first.  If there's nothing that stands out, then I just need a larger sample and to be more exact next time.  I already know the sample is too small but if something really works, or something different happens, I can get an initial idea for some of it (not all of it) with very little.

No comments: