Friday, May 30, 2008

Where Have I Been?

My foot fell asleep...Ouuuch!

I got an email this morning, sent to me at 1:30 a.m. (someone wasn't sleeping!), asking me, now WHY are you NOT married? It was a bewildered tone, and I may cut and paste part of the mail exchange here because no one will ever know who it is as there is distance and other factors.

So, my dear fans and enemies, what shall I tell the man? How could I properly answer the question "why are you not married?"

"Well, sugardaddysuitor...first I broke my neck. Which put a kink in plans. Then there were the monks. Then the police used by the monks, and then some fishy lawyers, and then FBI guys, and oh yeah, it got REALLY hard when I was being microwaved by God-only-knows WHAT terrorist group, and now...I just don't have the right clothing. You could take me shopping though, and fix that."

At any rate, I'm making a couple of very nice friends who just want to correspond with me, if nothing else, telling me, "You're a kick!" If only I could get men to pay me to write to them!

In the meantime, all kinds of chaos and catastrophe occured over here recently, with work, some small town people who just want to cause trouble, and my living situation. The Dad's girlfriend is moving in and I was out! with zero notice. Which made me feel bad, because I guess, in order to feel "right" about it, he had to yell at me for an hour about petty things ("Why don't you bring me leftovers when you go out to dinner with your dates?" "J. says you were wearing her flourescent glow-in-the-dark socks" (and I wasn't)). It seemed a loss, and I had to stay at someone else's house just overnight (a woman who offered me a job, whom I lived with before, who said she would vouch for me that I was a good roommate if I needed vouching-for). I was feeling very down, but the next day, the kids came over to me when I was finishing a run, and the one I've always had a special bond with, just sat and talked to me for a half hour and asked me to visit still and spend time with her. She also told me her little brother, who is 4, had said he loved me. I said, "When did he say that?" and she said, "After you left, after my Dad kicked you out, he said he loved you but he didn't know anyone was listening because he was by himself."

So of course, this made me feel like there was something good that came of things. I feel really bad for those kids.

The good thing that happened in the middle of all the mess, was that I met someone "normal", who is really nice, who I like a lot. He's funny, a reader of good books, and I don't know--there's a special connection. It feels like one big set-up in a way, a good set-up, but so bizarre.

So yesterday, I had no place to live, and no job because I had to quit because of the sporadic hours, without having anything else lined up, and then everything turned around. I got a job, on the spot, and begin work today, and I'm staying with this friend whom I really like, maybe for a month until I can afford my own apartment. And, I have prospects for good insurance and other things too. ALSO, the woman who let me crash at her house ALSO offered me a job and side jobs in the meantime. I went from feeling very low and disappointed, to taking a 3 hour bath at my new place, relieved to have some things resolved (and needing to clean my nails after the clawing and scratching to get back up on my feet and fight for what I need).

Later, I'll write the true story stuff...But I thought I'd throw in my little recent survival story for good measure. I have some thank you notes to write, and though I don't go to church and am reading all kinds of books, I feel like writing one to heaven and burning it so it reaches the sky, the way I did when I was a very young girl.

Frankly, if anyone ever wants to hire me for CIA, I think I should be allowed to count my life experiences towards that boot camp. I mean, reeeaaaally now...

No comments: