Thursday, May 8, 2008

TTSOML #55: My Email Evidence Against Mt. Angel Abbey

In my next meeting with Gatti, he wanted to go over my case. I had brought him folders with much of my email correspondence with the monks of Mt. Angel Abbey. I had printed the emails out, even some which had disappeared from my computer, before they had disappeared.

At the time, I printed them out to save as keepsakes, and then when I was threatened by Fr. Joachim that he would hate to see "your good name dragged through the mud", I printed everything. The Abbey didn't think I had saved these emails, I was sure. I also photocopied handwritten letters from Br. Ansgar as well.

After meticulously photocopying everything, I punchholed the documents, organized them by date, and put them into binders. I included my own email that I had sent to them, mainly of a religious nature. These emails and letters filled up 6 binders.

Dan asked me if he could keep them for a little while and I said okay. I pointed out some of the most damning threats from the monks, and acknowlegements they knew Ansgar knew he was doing something wrong, and this was when Dan said he wanted to keep them. He looked at me and asked me: "Are these your only copies?" I had sort of a strange feeling that maybe I couldn't trust Dan. After what the monks had done, and considering the ongoing car vandalisms I was having, with constant tire slashings and mechanical vandalism...I wondered if it was possible Dan was on THEIR side and that he wanted to know if these were my only copies, on their behalf. I didn't know, but I told him I had the originals and other copies and he said okay.

No comments: