Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Disaster Drill

Here's my chance at excitement. The Homeland Security people are staging a disaster preparedness drill next door to my house. We've had Black Hawk helicopters passing through the last couple of days, and then my neighbor told me they're faking a bomb scare, or oil explosion or some kind of major castastrophe.

I could watch some of it from the backyard but am not interested. Feeling the house shake with the Black Hawk landing is enough of a thrill for me. I suppose if I didn't know it was happening, I would be out there. It's closed off to the public, I think, because roads are being blocked off, but...

I don't know. I have enough drama going on in my own life.

If I think I'm unearthing some big secret, that's another thing. This was in the newspaper though.

No comments: