Saturday, August 23, 2008

Clarifying Energy Formula

I've decided to clarify what my "formula" was/is:

the vitamin water was/is a Sobe Life Water w/guarana & d-ribose (whatever that is), and the Red Bull is always sugarfree. Yesterday, I was doing great until after I'd had the whole formula and then added ANOTHER quad espresso to it. After that, I totally crashed and had to go home at about 4:30 p.m. and then I slept until about 10 p.m., read the Diana book, and fell asleep again.

My new reading material is The Zinn Reader, which I found at someone's house and which looked interesting. Another one, about the brain, also interests me, and I actually think I've skimmed that one before at a bookstore, or maybe the library?, but anyway.

Hmmm...back to the formula...sometimes things which are mild on their own catalize well when mixed. So I wonder if it's the guarana/d-ribose/taurine/caffeine mix? because Red Bull really doesn't have a lot of caffeine, it just has the taurine, and actually, taurine is nothing without the glucurolactone. Just getting something with taurine won't do it for ya without this other chemical or whatever it is. I'll have to look up d-ribose bc I don't know anything about that one.

Also, add to my formula the fact that I had an energizing walk before coming in to type. So, add adrenaline and endorphins to the mix.

I've decided I have to buy a pair of Nikes. I HATE to, because I'd rather not support the company, but I've tried so many different kinds of running shoes over the years and these are the only ones which really fit my foot and don't give me blisters. I always have to get the $120+ Nikes. I just tried another brand and got a huge, huge blister, and they were clunky. I've a narrow heel so Nikes are good for that, and they have the right support or insole or something for my gait. Gait? Neigh. Stride? I forget the technical term.

No comments: