Sunday, August 31, 2008

Mr. Brightside

The Killers really have some creative videos. I was just watching the one for "Mr. Brightside" again and the dance sequences in this one are amazing. Especially the section towards the end, where she ends up splayed on the floor. Really beautiful. Nice costumes too. I really don't know what's better here--the music or the art direction in the video. I'd like to know who did the art direction, frankly. They should have as much credit as the band.

The frontman is such a performer too. In this one and in the "Read My Mind" one, he really nails the emotion.

He's not so good on the "Romeo & Juliet" cover. He should stick to his original materials, where his heart is. At least with this cover, it just doesn't work for me at all.

I just looked up the Art Direction. It was Laura Fox, and I guess she was mentioned in the line-up for Best Art Direction in 2005 MTV awards. Also, I think that video won something for Best New Artist, which may well be the same Laura Fox. I'll have to look her up.

No comments: