Wednesday, August 27, 2008

TTSOML #68: My Archdiocese Lawyer's Proposal

This lawyer looked at me after reading the emails and letters from the monks. I believe I then asked about his book of Canon law. He said he had it to reference things in general and repeated he didn't have anything to do with the Catholic church. After reading the letters though, he said he might be able to help me. I had already looked up information in a book of Canon law about monk's responsibilities, because I was frequenting the Lewis & Clark Law School library in Portland, Oregon. I found a book of Canon law there and studied it.

I had told my friend Christa about it and how I'd found a passage that proved what Ansgar had done was wrong and he'd known it, which was why they then tried to cover it up and go after me. This lawyer that I went to, whom I told Christa about before I went, pulled out the book of Canon law and read the passage to me and tried to give it a different interpretation. I corrected him with the proper interpretation and he looked at me with a wry smile and raised eyebrows. Someone was, again, surprised that I knew my shit. It reminded me of when Greg Smith looked at me and Gatti said, "I told you she's smart" or whatever. This lawyer also looked at me the same way. He admitted it meant what I said it meant and then he said he wanted to help me. The words which came out of his mouth next shocked me. He said, "Let me call up the Archdiocese for you and see what they might want to do."

This lawyer, who had "nothing to do with the Church" was saying he wanted to call the Archdiocese on my behalf. He asked if he could do that and I said I didn't think it would make a difference because I'd already tried and Chancellor Mary Jo Tully was extremely rude to me, hanging up on me when I began to cry.

So this lawyer picks up the phone and says, "Yeah, is Sister Theresa there?"

He looked at me and explained, "I've been friends with Sister Theresa for years." I don't remember if he actually reached her or not, but he got ahold of someone and said he needed to talk to the Archbishop and wanted to schedule a meeting. He mentioned my name.

He said he was going to talk to the Archdiocese and that then he'd get back to me. He said he'd like to help me out and take my case. I had told Christa if no lawyer took my case, I was going to file it myself. Both lawsuits.

No comments: