Friday, August 29, 2008

More Shit-mail From Wenatchee CPS Supporter

Anonymous said...
I get it now, so you are basically assuming that most if not all daycares deny kids one-on-one attention and plop kids down in front of T.V. all day. That's a pretty big generalization. After having worked in quite a few myself, I have found most striving to give kids exactly what you have described in how you would run your own. Do you even know anything about the daycare your aunt has put your son into? Have you asked or is it all an assumption so that you can have something else to get upset about and gain sympathy for your cause?

August 28, 2008 7:58 PM


Mama said...
First of all, "anonymous", this is the last time I publish your whining defense for the "department".

Number one, if there is a T.V. on, kids will gravitate to it. I did NOT leave T.V. on in my house.

Number two, daycare do NOT give kids "one-on-one" attention, and you may have worked in a daycare, but that doesn't mean you know anything about child development or that you attempted to educate yourself, as I have. If you had, you would be familiar with the studies that consistently show children are damaged in daycare and that they are not as emotionally healthy and well-developed as children who are raised by one solid provider.

Number three, no I wouldn't know that much about the daycare my son is in, because both Wenatchee CPS AND my aunt and own family concealed the fact they were dumping my son into one. One one asked my feelings, what my opinions and values were, or even considered finding out whether I would be willing to help pay for a nanny for my son, rather than having him thrown into daycare. I've not been kept abreast of ANY of my son's appointments. It is difficult for the state to claim they care about my bond with my son and my parental rights, when they behave in this manner.

Number five--I strongly regret that my son was placed with any member of my "family". My son obviously would have been better off in another family that has parental philosophies which match mine.

Number six: What exactly do you think my "cause" is? Bitch, let me tell you what it is. My "cause" is my son. I'd like to ask you the same thing and ask you why you don't have the balls to sign with your real name instead of hiding under the shroud of "anonymous". You're not only a moral coward, you're an intellectual coward who can't put their name next to their argument, and you obviously know very little about child development, despite your work in daycares.

Being a worker in a daycare means nothing. You can work for a daycare and still be completely ignorant about child development and milestones and child psychology. I've read books, kept subscriptions regarding children and parenting, and read dozens of books about parenting. I did this BEFORE I ever had a child, and then when I had my son, I read books about development wherever he was at, including educational development and Montessori philosophies.

Go back to college and get a degree, and I say this because you obviously need someone pushing you to educate yourself and need the structure of someone telling you what to do. If you were an independent thinker and had any brains or intellectual curiosity and will at all, you would have studied these things for yourself, as I have done, and would actually have something concrete with which to back up YOUR assumptions.

August 29, 2008

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since when have I defended the "department"? You say I support CPS, when have I said anything about supporting CPS? Again, another assumption. I support well established daycares, and it bothered me that you lumped them into one group, which is the basis for my comment.

Anonymous said...

Just for the record I have my master's in early childhood education and special education so I do actually know what I'm talking about.

Anonymous said...

I don't post my name because of the way you have treated people who try to work with you as evidenced by your blog. You show yourself to be unstable and very unreasonable in how you turn on a dime to destroy anyone's credibility who doesn't agree with you. Don't worry, this will be my last post, I was just trying to find out more about why you were so upset about the daycare your aunt put your son into.

Mama said...

My response to the first comment:

You defend the department when you mock me and take sides. You started out your entire commentary with "Hold the phone!" and then went on to mock what you tried to cast as inconsistencies in my statements. Then, later, you come back here and try to play victim.

It's fine to support well established daycares. However, you haven't done your research about daycares and what is good for children. Obviously, or you would have knowledge of all the studies which state even the BEST daycares do not compare to nanny or parent-child care, especially for the young, and most especially, for those young who have already been traumatized.

Mama said...

My Response To Comment Two:

I'm actually glad you have mentioned your credentials or what you believe to be your qualifications. However, while a basic college education, even MASTERS should say something, so often it does NOT. You are studying whatever materials your professor puts in front of you, and may or may not be an independent thinker. I had a friend who went to a very good private college, and graduated with decent grades, who couldn't spell or construct a sentence to save her life.

Sometimes education or a degree only means you did the busywork and didn't split hairs with your professor. It is a sign of being able to complete something, so I definitely think it demonstrates diligence. But diligence is not the same thing as intelligence, and it is certaintly NOT the same thing as intellectual curiosity or a sign of the ability to think independently.

It sounds to me like you went to college and left your studies there. You didn't research things about daycares and children and toddlers, out of your own curiosity. You just did what you were told to do, got your degree, and started working, without thinking any further.

That's fine if you just want to be a regular old daycare worker or supporter. If you want to hold an intellectual debate, that's not enough. If you want to claim to know something about child development, and yet you don't even know these basic studies, it's an embarrassment, I would think, not only to your profession, but to the university where you got your degree. I don't even want to ask where that was. It certaintly wasn't an Ivy League education. At least I hope not, but even the Ivies have their failings.

If you want to be good at what you do, you need to be a reader. You need to come up with questions, and be willing to do the research and scour all articles and studies, with an objective mind, to uncover the truth. To acquire knowledge, one must become a social scientist.

I hope you will start reading some of these articles. Also, I encourage you to take a look at some of Scotland's ideas for children and welfare support to mothers of very young children, specifically, policies proposed by the Minister for Children's whatever. She based her ideas, which haven't passed yet, on the studies already done about young children and how they become "at risk" when they are placed into daycares. Which is why she advocates keeping the children with one parent until they are at least 3 years old.

I'm sure you know nothing about this either.

Funny, how I'm the mother whom the state claims does not know how to meet her son's needs. They do not know best.

Do I? Not only do I probably have a broader base of knowledge from which I've formed sound conclusions, I am absolutely the best caregiver for my son, and have known him personally longer than anyone else, and I am more hands on with him than anyone has been after me.

Mama said...

Response To Comment Three:

I am fine with people not posting their names. It's nice, actually, and allows others more freedom. But when I get shit-mail from people like you, one would think you'd like to back yourself up with a name.

As for your assessment of my "showing myself to be unstable and very unreasonable.." because of the way I shot your TOTALLY FALSE theories down, you have a problem taking what you give. If you are going to criticize, learn to handle a smart counter-critique.

Finally, you were not "just trying to find out" why I was upset. If your intentions had been good, you would have asked a simple question, NOT started out by mocking me from the first with your "Hold the phone!" comments and claim I contradicted myself.

You made yourself sound like an ass, and now you're trying to make yourself sound like a victim.

I'm SUCH a bad, bad, woman. Such an obnoxious threat to Daycares Everywhere.

What are you? The Daycare Director of the State? I stand by the name I've assigned you. If you won't give yourself a name, I will. It's "Bitch".