Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Climbing Mt. Ararat with Epice

Whoo.

I bought smoked paprika last time I went shopping bc I've never used it before. I've used hungarian paprika lots, but not smoked paprika. So I have few ingredients right now but picked up my paprika and thought, "the green beans". Without looking at any recipes or anything. So I put smoked paprika into a bowl and a drop of water and then took out my green beans and dabbed it in the paste and put it in the microwave, meanwhile thinking "the fenugreek" possibly, with green beans. So I chewed on a fenugreek and tasted a bit of paprika and wondered if anyone combines these things and I found lots of recipes for green beans with smoked paprika and almonds and then for smoked paprika and fenugreek, something called "Ararat". Sounds glamorous but rugged. Waiyte, waiyte...not glamorous. Adventurous.

Just tried plain paste on green bean microed and yeah, it works. I thought the fenugreek and smoked stuff worked too so I'm trying that now, and did think, maybe with lemon and other things. Looked it up and I agree garlic or some other things could be arranged.

I really couldn't figure out what in the world I would use this smoked paprika for so I was going to wait until I had almonds and sautee them in the skillet with this and maybe a little honey, but the green beans are an excellent match.

Look what I found! I loved reading this (not through yet but so well-written I am linking it up to this post). Lev Sercaz and Ana Sortun. The Ana blend sounds super good too. And it's true, about the matches. Just like people and I just put 2 tags from my potatoes into the garbage looking at what they said, "Homemade has met it's match". For some reason, they got stuck in the back of my cupboard:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?hl=en&gbv=2&q=cache:tmmCBFqWUY0J:http://www.forward.com/articles/134582/+smoked+paprika+and+fenugreek&ct=clnk

I don't know. I randomly selected this link instead of the ones to Boite a Epice because this one sounded like, from the byline there, that it went into history and I enjoy reading about the history or origin of things. Like, like.

Looked up the other catalog now too. Yeah, it's sort of my cup of tea...things I would imagine blending. They all sound good.

I had also had black beans come to mind, with what I have here. I figured black beans would blend with smoked paprika with a few other savory seasonings.

I ate all of my oatmeal pumpkin apple rosehip cookies today. Super good...well, not the best ever, but wholesome snacks.

I thought then, what should I look up? I don't want to listen to radio right now. So I usually wouldn't pick, of the Disney movies, jasmine, but thought I would and randomly picked this one and when I saw it I cracked up laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5f0hCerSsU

I haven't seen this movie since 1992.

Looked up the poster. Anca Uriel. Those Romanian Romantics.

Then I found this, at random. Spooky.

The Twin Sister Doppleganger:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3LtAEV7kNc&feature=related

Let's Hear It For The Boy (deniece williams):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnuYhFRYbAw

Really liking this song. Went to The Smiths and playing this one a lot:
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYp2LGKOF_M&feature=bf_prev&list=PLF30A652BE44C9D89&lf=results_video

and if you want to Live, who do you need to know (greeat line)
I feel such good energy with this song. looked it up on wiki just now.

No comments: