Friday, November 18, 2011

parents predictions...

1. Painting on T.V. Timing.
I asked to come in and visit and my Dad was on the phone. My Mom went upstairs. After a little while, I went up and she said I could if I stayed in the other room while she got ready for the evening. So I sat on the bed and there was a crimson-maroon blanket at the corner. Then, I stared ahead and saw a thing of turpentine, up ahead, in the other room. Made me think about paint. Of course. I was thinking about painting and things and all of a sudden my Mom said, "Come with me" and I followed her and she indicated to the t.v. and then at that second, a commercial about painting came on the television. I have no clue how she did it, but it wasn't a fake. It was a commercial of a woman painting faces on a mural with a broad brush, and putting some kind of shellac or sealant over the already painted faces. I went to the house at about 7 p.m. and maybe this happened around 7:30 p.m. or so.

2. The Blanket on the Corner.
I wondered about the blanket on the left corner of the bed, which matches the one downstairs on the rockingchair and at some point, in the course of playing with the dog, I had put the blanket over the dogs head like a veil, and he had his toy in his hands, or front paws, and then he decided to get off the chair and went to the left (if you're facing the chair), on his own, dragging the blanket over to the left side of the chair, where it ended up draped to the left side, exactly matching the blanket on the corner of their bed upstairs, same color even. I didn't do it. The dog did it. Timespan was about an hour after I saw it on the bed upstairs.

3. Black Coat.
They had a black coat draped on a chair and I had taken mine off and was just about to put it on the corner knob of the rockingchair and then I saw the one in the kitchen and stopped myself and put it on the seat instead, I guess bc it freaked me out that I was about to match what they'd already thought I'd do. So then I got closer and looked and the coat is actually slouched down like mine ended up after I didn't want to put it on the top knob.

4. Marinellis Prunes.
My Mom put some out on the counter when they weren't there before and I had, that evening, taken plums out of the plastic bag and set them out inside the fridge and thought about putting them on a counter. But I took them out of the plastic grocery bag and set them out this evening.

5. Broken Cookie Jar Lid
The cookie jar lid broke the same day or one day? before my cutting board split. My Mom said, "Did you get into the cookie jar?" and I said "No" and I said why and she said, "The lid is broken." I saw it this evening.

No comments: