Monday, November 28, 2011

Vegan Oatmeal Cookies

I bought more pectin and found it works with pumpkin puree too. Refer to my last post about Vegan cookies.

I thought it might be too gloppy but no, it all sticks together and then in the oven the texture becomes fluffier and lighter inside, like a regular cookie.

It doesn't jell or jam down or anything, they're like regular cookies, just Vegan.

You could use any kind of fruit or grain. I have flaxseed and could even make flaxseed with rosehips cookies, or anything.

My grandparents lived right next to aplets and cotlets and I never had the idea before. But I was never trying out the vegan thing before either. I used pomona pectin but would use any kind. I throw out the calcium preservative and just use the pectin. It could be any brand and I might try my own pectin that I made too. I'm afraid it will be too strong bc it's from lime and lemons.

Maybe for a flaxseed cookie or something.

I don't use raw oats either. I toast them, or fry them in oil first, like a granola and it gives them a pie crust flavor cooked less and granola flavor cooked more.

I have flaxseed so I'll have to try something with that and other things.

Might actually try apple cookies next. With the pectin and apples and oats and maybe flaxseed too.

No comments: