Monday, November 24, 2008

TTSOML #223: Deportation From Canada

After I was led out, having been falsely accused of a number of things, and being found "guilty" of immigration violations, when I was NOT guilty of any violation, and had been refused my own private attorney who knew the law, I was taken almost immediately to a van, in handcuffs, to be driven to the border.

It was about 2-3 hours away I think, I can't remember. The guards were fine. There was nothing wrong with them. They put me in the holding cell again, first, and I heard the female guard telling what had "happened" with me to the other guards. She said, "...and then she was CRYING and then she got angry." She said it in a sympathetic way, not in a way that was derisive. I don't think they fully knew what was going on anyway, because they couldn't read what I was reading, that had been written about me.

They played music I liked on the way over and we talked about dancing and which clubs were good in Vancouver, and where he should go in Portland, because the other guard said he had relatives who were American and he was thinking of moving to Portland, Oregon. They asked what had happened, and I probably told them fragments, but I don't think they got it. I can't tell the story of what had been happening to me over the last several years, during a van trip.

I wasn't in the cage thing, I don't think, but there was a security separation. I can't remember. Actually, maybe I was in the cage, but they took my handcuffs off so I could balance against jolts and things.

I asked if they'd ever had escapes and they said not anymore. I could see why. But in the past, people would jump out at stoplights or even in a moving vehicle.

They took me to the Canadian--American border in Blaine, WA.

My car was still in Canada, at the Wal-mart parking lot. I had been made to abandon it, and all of my belongings which were in it.

I didn't put any of my important documentation in the car, because I didn't think it was safe to travel with, so at least I didn't lose anything--no audio tape recordings or important documents.

But I didn't have a car, or a way to go back and get it, and I was told to talk to Canadian authorities about it later.

The only good piece of advice I got, or "admission", from the immigration attorneys who represented me, was to not go back to Wenatchee without a lawyer. They said it was most likely Wenatchee would immediately attempt to put me into a psych ward upon arrival. I will repeat this info, in my next post.

No comments: