Wednesday, November 26, 2008

TTSOML #230: Discussing Corruption At Canadian Embassy

When I was in D.C., I went to the Canadian embassy and tried to clear things up there. A couple of people, one woman who was a Canadian lawyer even, tried to help me and said it should be cleared up by someone at the embassy because it wasn't an "immigration" issue, but different. However, there were other people at that embassy, who seemed to know who I was or acted like they knew me, and they didn't want me to make any headway at all. I was told no one could help me, after I waited at the embassy lobby for hours. They said it was a "border" matter and that I needed to make a complaint to the border. They COULD have cleared things up there, because I told them what happened, and some of the people who worked for Canada DID want to help and they were even in diplomatic positions (they came out from the car marked for diplomats and spoke with me and I took the business card of the Candian woman who was an attorney). But there were some people in Canadian official positions, who had some kind of interest in wanting to keep me down. I had one woman come out who was very rude to me.

I have not yet gone to Canada's border patrol to make a complaint. If I went all the way to their embassy and couldn't get help, after THEIR people forced me to make a false statement under threat of arrest, why would I think jumping through their hurdles and going to the same OFFICE that DID this to me (border) would correct things? If it was the border at fault, someone outside of that office should have looked into it. And there were people with officials positions for Canada, who knew the laws and said it should be done there. After they left though, the other ones tried to push me over to an immigration office with long lines. It wasn't an immigration issue. It was a corruption issue, and I wanted my name cleared.

No comments: