Thursday, November 27, 2008

Helping Afghani Women With Computer

Of all things, I'm going to be showing these women from Afghanistan how to use their computer. I talked to them today, the same ones who needed a cab driver who spoke their language (I gave them his card), and they told me today that they have a computer, but don't know how to use it.

So I offered to help, and they accepted. I'm helping them on Saturday when I don't have to work.

They are two mothers with children, whose husbands are in California, and one of the husbands gave them a computer but the women said they don't know how to use it.

Their children, 1 1/2 and 2, were peeking at what I was doing on the computer and I asked their mothers if they had a computer, because they seemed so curious. The mothers said yes, and then explained they needed instruction. They don't know how to look things up or even email. I'm not even sure it's been set up properly, but I'll find out.

No comments: