Saturday, November 29, 2008

TTSOML #251: In The Navy, In The Nayvee (Getting Past Security)

I was in Bethesda and I was going to find out how much it cost for biodosimetry, or blood analysis, which examines DNA and chromosomal changes up to several months after exposure to certain waves. The guys at the research facility at least knew whether there was anything which could measure other forms of exposure as well, and I was going to talk to them.

What I DIDN'T know, was that the Navy Hospital is highly secured, under military security all the way around, with gates and guards, and the radiation research center is even more secured.

I didn't know anyone who worked at the hospital or anywhere there. So I showed up, at the gate to get in, and didn't know why the security guy was saying I had to be on a list or something.

I ended up getting what I wanted anyway. I got in. Guess how?

I swear, I'm very lucky when I'm lucky, and the other rest of the time I'm the most unlucky person around. Is there a word for this? Extreme highs and lows in luckiness? Bipolucky?

It just so happened, I ran into the best guy at Naval security. He was really cheerful, but at first just said, no, you can't come in. I said I'd had contacts with someone there (and had, it was true, but only by email) but didn't know I needed anything else. I didn't want to tell him the whole story, so I just said I was doing some research and was trying to talk to this guy. I told him I'd been told I could go right in.

So I talked with him for a long time. He asked where I was from and I told him I'd just come into town and my accomodations had fallen through last minute, so this was really disappointing to hear I had to have a prior security pass. I had come all the way from the Pacific NW.

He was flirting with me and I flirted back. He asked what I was doing that night and I said I just didn't know, I was so new to town and everything. He said we should go out and he gave me his number. He also said he had a place for me to stay, if I needed.

This offer occured after about 4 hours of waiting around and just chatting. He said he had a good friend who worked at the radiation center doing research and she might be able to help me get in.

I didn't ask for anything except for information on how to get in. I didn't ask for a place to stay and didn't expect an offer either. It just happened. Well, and I wasn't stupid enough to say I believed I'd been exposed to radiation or something that would start someone wondering right away. I said I was doing research, which was true. He later said he thought I was a student doing research, and that I was younger, and he didn't know about my kid situation. But if I'd told him all of that in the beginning, I never would have had a chance. Because he lived with me first, and saw I was a normal person, eventually the truth could come out and he could handle it better.

Because he worked there, I was able to ride in with him, past security, everyday. I just waited around until NIH campus was open and then explored over there. He worked on getting me into the Radiation center. So for awhile, I was just a college student doing research on biodosimetry and other diagnostics used or in development for measuring exposures of various forms of radiation or electromagnetic waves. I also didn't lead him on in any way and asked if it was no strings attached and he said yes. He was a perfect gentleman, the whole time. If I had wanted something with him, it would have been fine, but he respected where I stood and I was there until his roommate was coming back from overseas. Over a month. And he got me into the Radiation center!!!!

I had a full tour of even restricted areas and met some of the top scientists. But it wasn't what I thought it would be though. The purpose was to find out which diagnostics could be utilized by ME to prove what I'd been through, and I didn't get what I needed fast enough, although there may be a way to prove some things through teeth. Still, the scientists I talked to said electromagnetic waves, which sounded more likely, were not easy to detect even if overexposed.

When I spent time at NIH (National Institute of Health) I met other people, among them a rap singer who did big shows in NYC, and a PhD in MRI technology and application who had specialized in satellites first. The latter asked me out for a date after we met at lunch and talked for a long time. We had dinner and then he said he'd reserved a room for me in D.C. with a good view. It turned out, this wasn't just for me but he found out there wasn't going to be anything in it that was physical. I liked what I could obtain from his brain, and I liked him as a friend, but wasn't attracted to him that way. So the next day I told him about symptoms and asked him what he thought. He got extremely nervous and said he didn't think it was possible in the U.S. He said what I was describing was possible, and that it sounded like satellite technology or possibly something else that was extremely strong and used MRI types of waves. He said it mainly corresponded with satellite weapons available but he said there could be other things on the market he was unaware of. He said all the symptoms were symptoms of what I had been talking about. He believed me, but after talking to me, he was afraid for his safety and went on and on about what happened in HIS country and how he didn't realize that kind of thing happened in the U.S. "I guess if you make the right enemies it does" I said. He was afraid if anyone found out about him he'd be kicked out of he country, for talking to me and agreeing with me. He said he would tell the truth in court if required but asked me not to bring him into court because he was worried they'd go after HIM.

He knew plenty about the technology. He not only worked with hands-on experiments on animals, he had studied satellite technology before going to a PhD in MRI work. He said he switched because he had offers for him to go into satellite reconaissance and warfare and he didn't want to get into that end of things. He wanted to keep his work on more of a medical level, not so much into military and spycraft. But he knew a lot and they had tried to headhunt him for that kind of work.

He told me what the reactions of pigs were, to overexposure to MRI waves. They were doing experiments on using higher than is considered-safe waves in order to produce better imaging and he told me typically it fries the animal from the inside, and there is twitching and other things. But the work was being done in anticipation of use on humans, or finding nw ways to use MRI technology on humans. He said they just turned up the levels.

No comments: