Saturday, November 22, 2008

Baby Names

Once again thinking of baby names.

For girl, I like:

Beatrice Diana-Clare (favorite so far)
(blessed voyager of life, divine-bright...or heavenly bright? meaning of diana is not exact) I'm also reading alternate meanings for Beatrice are "bringer of joy" and "blessed one". I like the pronunciation BAY-uh-treece instead of BEE-a-treece. I just read, the pronunciation I like is the French one, and it's spelled "Beatrice" with an acute (aigu) accent over the first "e" in the name, to indicate the "bay" or "bey" sound.

I like the spelling of Beatrix better than Beatrice, but I like the sound of Beatrice
much more.

I like this name so much I sort of hope it's a girl so I can use the name! I also like the Beatrice from "Much Ado About Nothing."


For boy, I don't know...Maybe:

Drew and River, but I don't know what combo
and then I was thinking River has the same last letters of my son's name Oliver--"iver". Still thinking about boys names.

Need coffee.

No comments: