Friday, November 28, 2008

music break

I listened to some Bryan Adams, "Summer of 69" a few times, and "Run to You", and then moved onto "Pour Some Sugar On Me". I think I'm bored of this Def Leppard song, and then I play it loud and watch the opening of the video and I wish I had been a teenager in the 80s and had been able to go to one of their concerts.

It would have been so fun.

The first time I heard them, was on a day working with the Homecoming Committee on floats for the parade, with a paintbrush in hand. It just cracks me up. I was so naive. I didn't know what any of the lyrics meant and I was 15 years old.

I thought the guy who liked me was such a "rebel" for liking this kind of music. LOL. I wrote about him in my diary and called him a "Danger Seeker".

Haha...looking at these guys...They were probably so hot for that era, with that era and their acid wash bleached jeans and jackets. If we saw guys with hair and clothese like that, walking down the street today, we'd think they were homeless people locked into a timewarp. Like something out of a bad backwards bar in Kentucky.

Listening to "Is It A Crime" by Sade. This is one I haven't listened to carefully before and it's one of the better ones. like it.

It's nighttime now and I have listened to Sade, the Bangles, and now I'm onto The Cure, "Just Like Heaven". Probably more of the Cure.

this is SUCH a good song. It IS one of the most perfect songs. I've listened to it over and over now. I looked at some of the youtube comments and this one cracks me up:

punkkm4593 (8 hours ago) Show Hide 0 Reply i defintly think tim burtin modeled edward scisserhands after the lead singer.
----my opinion

haha! So true.

Now I'm listening to "Friday I'm In Love". I really love this music. It's so "full" and joyous in it's own strange dark way. It's supposed to be dark, but is almost the exact opposite. I love the line about seeing her eat a midnight snack. Random and descriptive. After listening to this a few times I'll move to Lovesong. Moved on to "So Close", or is it "Close To Me"? I like this one as much as Just Like Heaven. This is one that makes ya move. Like the trumpet solo too. So very cool. The picking of the haircomb cracks me up too, in the video.

i guess I'm just writing about music for a little bit until I get onto the next post. Needed a music break. If I move from my station, all will be lost and I'm trying to get as much done as possible tonight.

Absolutely love "Close to Me". This sound is creative and builds without being contrived. It's sort of interesting, some of the darker sounds by Cure are paired with bright or positive lyrics and then a song like this has slightly darker lyrics (with a good ending sort of dark) but very happy and playful music.

No comments: