Friday, December 17, 2010

Energy & My Old Lipstick Fav & Kim Boyce

There was very good energy around here and there (a couple of times I noticed in the day) yesterday and then esp. the day before and evening before. I noticed it even though I didn't blog about it.

I sort of felt something missing a little last night. But the night before, it was very strong.

I had so much harassment yesterday--there were a lot of serious assholes on the road yesterday. I figured this, and the theft of my food and money card, was in response to my being a perceived threat still, in some way.
************************
I discovered this lipstick I bought is, I think, the same one I bought when I was a teenager. It was a weird deja vu.

I was looking for a very bright, clear, almost flourescent kind of red lipstick. With a very slight undertone of orange and not so much purple or blue added to the color (warm undertones).

I found two that were comparable and then just went with the cheapest one. I put it on and thought, "This looks like my old lipstick." Then I tasted it and thought, "This IS my old lipstick!"

It's L'Oreal's "British Red". #208.

I think it's the lipstick I wore for my first passport photo, with my red turtleneck.

I've had other shades since then, and a good Mac color of red at one time, but this one I had worn so often, I remembered the flavor of the lipstick and color and everything. I didn't know when I was picking it out.

I have to look it up because if they made this shade over 10 years ago, I think this is it.

I looked at all the colors from different brands at the drugstore and ended up with two, one a Revlon "Ravish Me Red" and then L'Oreal "British Red" and I told the clerk to ring up whichever was cheapest (I wasn't sure because there were different discounts). I ended up with my old favorite, as it had more of a discount attached at that time.

And then it came back to me, even the case is the same. I was reunited with a lost love! I think it was my first and favorite red and then I couldn't find it for awhile and forgot which one it was. Until 10 years later.

I decided, in the spirit of my youth, to try to find a christian singer I used to listen to as a teen all the time: Kim Boyce. I found "Not Too Far From Here". I sang this as a solo in church once.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Ycd0MRzIQ

My first Kim Boyce exposure was in 1988 (just looked it up) with "Time and Again" and it was a cassette tape I got for Christmas or my birthday. Then I had the tapes "Love Is You To Me" and "This I Know" and then I don't remember if I had the tape for "By Faith" but I had the background tape for the song "Not Too Far From Here" and I sang it as a solo for church.

I remember I liked her music but also liked her because she was so pretty and fashionable (I thought so then) but modestly dressed. That example made an impression on me, even in jr. high and high school. I was aware, even then, that she could show herself off more but she didn't and still managed to make the most of what she had. So I was very impressed with her.

For some reason, I am sensing very good energy right now. 9:01 a.m. CST. It just came rushing in about 15-20 minutes before this time of 9 a.m.

I had some impression, right before this, of a woman applying lipstick, right after I wrote about my lipstick and then dabbing it off with a tissue but I don't know who. Just a vague impression. More of a crumpled tissue than a patted blot.

Myself, I used to wear this lipstick straight, or blot it to a very sheer matte tint or, to make it last forever, I used to blot and then dab on foundation over it and it would "set" it and then reapply, blot once and brush a light dusting of translucent powder over it and it stayed put forever. I think I was wearing this color back in jr. high when Will Wagler first noticed me, having come to school late, made to ride my bike there bc I missed the bus, in my gold framed cat-eye sunglasses and this bright red lipstick. "You look like a movie star" he said. I was 15 years old. I wore this same lipstick for my passport photo where I had friends joke that I looked like a "Russian spy" in it. Somehow I lost it or forgot which one it was for over a decade until finding it at Rite Aid and not registering the history until I put it on.

I sent L'Oreal an email this morning, to ask when this color first came out.

I believe it's still in the same case but maybe the case changed and I still used it. I remember this gold case. But I don't know if before this gold one it was in something else--can't remember but I remember this version of case.

With Kim Boyce, I remember spreading the tape insert out and listening to the music while lying on the floor in my room, and singing along to the lyrics or reading them.

No comments: