Tuesday, December 28, 2010

More Medical Insights (lime juice)

Last night I had the impression of lime juice as a treatment for a medical condition and I wasn't sure if it was coming to mind for cancer or the AS (ankylosing spondylitis) but I thought it was for AS.

So I looked it up and found a link from India about how it is used sometimes for arthritis or rheumatoid. Then I found this article about how something in limes acts as a solvent on uric acid, which causes arthritis. There are lot of home remedies though, and many, along with lime juice, are listed here. I'm curious about the lime juice since it came to mind.

http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Arthritis.html

Here is an article about how lime juice can cure gout (which is caused by high uric acid levels), and eye conditions. I thought this was sort of interesting, that washing the eyes with a mild amount of lime juice could help with ocular-muscle integrity and also clear up conjunctivitis (msp).

With AS, eye problems are frequently seen in combination with the sclerosis of the joints and bones.

So my thought was that I wonder why lime is good for the eyes and also gout, and therefore it might be good for AS. naturally.

Gout is much more common in men, as is AS. All predominantly but not exclusively male disorders.

Another thing I thought about was my grandfather and his brothers, who have something like this, where there is calcification and fusions. There is a very high level of calcium deposits and stones in Wenatchee and that whole valley and I don't know if it's pesticide accumulation or something else, and if uric acid is a factor with this.
***********************

FENNEL

Fennel, esp. roasted fennel seeds, are also reportedly good for urinary things, gout, inflammation, and eye disorders. From what I read, roasting them brings out certain properties more. Might be something to try, as most people don't use tons of fennel in the diet. http://www.planetayurveda.com/natural-herbs-atoz/f-natural-herbs/fennel-seed.htm

It also might have some kind of effect on horomones or as a blood tonic if it helps to stimulate menstruation. Which would be like dong quai in that sense.

No comments: