Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hallelujah in Italian?

I cannot get away from this song. For the life of me.

I put on the 3 tenors playlist, not looking at the songs...Just thinking of opera I'd like to hear. And what do you know? the 4th song was "Hallelujah" by the 3 tenors. First I played Il Divino and then went to a different song posted by another user and it was Core N'something (caterina, why so careless?). And then the 2nd song on the playlist was Moonriver and then...I hear...what is this?

Hallelujah.

Maybe it's Il Divo and not 3 tenors. I don't know what it is. Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzB8xC_CwH8&list=MLGxdCwVVULXei9OqJCcqmeP8uqsZg7fRj&playnext=3

It came on as I was looking up capacity for a barge.

Now it's Danny Boy and I thought, "these guys do NOT sound Italian." No, they're the Irish tenors. I guess it's a mix.

I like this one...E lucevan le stelle from Tosca, sung by Placido Domingo. This sample has had 2 versions of Amazing Grace so far. It's the "3 tenors mix". I have always loved Funiculi, funicula!

No comments: