Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Lentil Soup with Plum Sauce

Lately I've been eating tons of grilled veggie sandwiches, with my cheat being mayo. I found out, I thought I was cheating with butter but it wasn't even dairy butter, it was "I can't believe it's not butter." Anyway, so I've had grilled bread with mayo and sometimes cilantro, and then avocado, tomato, lettuce, and drizzled red wine vinegar and apple cider vinegar over the top. With the bread really grilled up in olive oil almost like bruschetta. I usually like grilled cheese, but haven't been eating the cheese. This other version is really good. First I was frying up corn tortillas and eating all the veggies in it with beans too, and then I was out of tortillas and so I'm using bread.

I made chili yesterday and had it for lunch. A fresh whole foods chili and then today I made a spicy picante lentil soup with tons of crushed red pepper and cayenne and then let it get to that broth lentils make. I sort of lightly roasted the lentils in olive oil and peppers first. And then separately I put 2 plums in the pan with a little oil, only 2 tsp. sugar, and 2 garlic cloves, onions, dash of cumin, and about 4 oz. of water and made a plum sauce I then poured on top of the lentils.

Pretty good. Sort of different.

No comments: