Friday, October 31, 2008

TTSOML #154: Dr. Said In Ephrata & State Insurance Issues

I went to Dr. Said for myself, not my son, but I also talked about my son with Said. Said said something about he thought if my son was hyperactive, he could put him on Adderal. I said no, he was not hyperactive, he was just highly active and highly intelligent. I didn't want my son's brain drugged up. So I said no way.

I did try Adderal myself though, because the Dr. thought it might help with focus and helping me to get things done when I was so stressed. Once, my mother thought I had ADD, so I told him I'd give it a try. I have good and bad things to say about it.

He also gave me a prescription for narcotics, which I did need, because I was in a lot of pain and I couldn't even sit at all, at that time, without it. All my bones were still broken and healing, and then I started having the bizarre pangs too from an external source (which I'll get into later).

I had 800 mgs Advil, 5 or 10 mg. Vicodin (to use for migraine and daily pain), and Adderal.

I also hoped the Adderal would sort of counteract the sleepy side effects of the Vicodin.

What I did think was a little strange, was that when I first went, I paid a doctor's fee upfront and then after that it was supposed to be a lower rate for consecutive visits. I think they asked for the higher rate the second time, and I had to point out I'd already paid it. In a way, I felt some of the people there probably just "paid" a price for the prescription really, and were drug-seeking, or addicted, but I was not.

I was asked by Dr. Said, at one point, if I wanted to go to higher levels and I said no. I went from 5 mg. to 10 mg. on the narcotics with him, but I didn't want to go higher. I told him instead, a few extra of the 10 mg.s would be okay. With narcotics too, people don't understand you have to titrate. The effects are lost fairly quickly, and for someone with genuine pain, it takes more to have the same effect and the body can handle it. You have to have someone experienced. Which is why some people sound like they're on doses which could kill most, but they've needed them forever.

So I turned down offers to raise the mgs, which no "drug seeking" or "drug dealing" person would do, and I also refused to have my son medicated.

My goal, for myself, was to get actual diagnostics which would better show what my damages from childbirth were, and to have the surgeries to FIX the problem. I wasn't interested in medicating the problem, but in finding a solution.

However, Wenatchee doctors, I believe, and they're lawyers, knew I had a viable claim against them and could sue, and to minimize damages, they wanted to limit my access to narcotics so I couldn't use this "need" for managing pain, as proof for pain and suffering damages, and they never wanted me to be able to get diagnostics of what really happened either.

Some bizarre things I noticed though, was that after Wenatchee knew where I was going, to Ephrata, I noticed being harassed and followed a few times. People in cars, who would slow down, watching me, and park and watch, or, once, a guy who laughed and mocked as he stared at me out the window. It was quite bizarre and it was not my "imagination". Believe me, if these people would go to lengths to slander me to medical professionals throughout the state and have my son and I kicked out, they'd do more. A lot of terrible things happened to me and my son, by people who simply got a kick out of it and wanted to minimize damages.

After 6 months, and once I was on regular medications, I was suddenly cut off. I wasn't "tapered" down and I was still in pain besides.

I was cut off by the state insurance company, who gave me ZERO notice first. I believe it was Molina. I took my prescription to the pharmacy (which reminds me to write about the weird thing one of the pharmacists there did once) and I was told the insurance wouldn't pay for it. They are required, by law, to give a 30 day notice so it may be contested or insurance can be changed. But they didn't.

(to be continued later tonight, or if not tonight, tomorrow morning)

No comments: