Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Raisin Philosophy

Just what I want from my raisins: lessons in life.

I bought some little boxes of raisins and opened the first one up for a snack this morning and noted they are now putting little sayings on the flap. Mine said:

"Both our buddies and our enemies can teach us about life."

Thanks.

Thanks for the reminder, because I really wanted someone to put me in a contemplative mood today.

I just want to eat my fucking raisins, people! And now that I'm looking at the raisin woman from Sun-Maid, I'm thinking she looks a lot like the Virgin Mary, with her bonnet and a big sun framing her like a halo. Next thing we know, religion will take another turn and will go from the pagan "Queen of Heaven" to Virgin Mary to worship of the California Sun-Maid.

I have some TTSOMLs to write, but I realized I need to run some errands first. So my TTSOMLs will be forthcoming, this late afternoon, my guess.

Hmmm. The next box wasn't so bad. Pretty general really..."Support your local library; take a book to lunch". Now I want to open up all the boxes, just to see what the sayings are.

No comments: