Friday, October 17, 2008

Migraine Progress

I had a migraine today. I woke up this morning and it was there and worsened by the time I got to work. My left eyelid was droopy and I let two different waitresses look at my eyes and tell me what was different. They were able to point out my left eyelid was closed more.

I used marijuana to get rid of it. I'd already taken 2 tylenol and 3 advil and this did absolutely nothing. It's much milder, because I've used marijuana more to prevent them from occuring in the first place, but I did get one today. I don't know where I am in the migraine-period calendar really, but I noticed it was a Friday, again. So often, they fall on a Friday for the first day. It must be my cycle or something.

At any rate, I smoked a tiny bit before work and didn't want to for memory reasons, but I wanted to work. But I didn't cough and I wondered if I'd done it right and really inhaled properly. So at work, it was worsening, and rather than go home sick, I smoked off of a joint outside, just 3 or 4 inhales but strong enough to make me cough. Within 15 minutes the pain was completely gone. The eye effect was still there but the pain was gone.

It's almost like a stroke thing on that side of my head. As of right now, I don't have a migraine at all. I haven't had one since this morning. The marijuana took care of everything and I worked, and my memory held up, but I was more careful to pay attention to orders.

I really do not recommend using it before doing anything requiring short term memorization, but I decided this was my better option and I was okay, and I got things right.

Usually, I'll have the 3 day run on migraines and so far it's gone. Who knows what will be there tomorrow.

I really do not see how I am supposed to live without this medicine, which is the only thing that works for me. It's technically "illegal" in the State of Maryland, but I am really hoping the U.S. will overturn the archaic laws.

I need to get ahold of my intern job too and start doing some active work to make a change. I've just been tired.

I did come home, after work, and slept for about 3 hours, but I could have gone on working if needed. Once I was home though, I caught up on sleep and I feel fine now.

No comments: