Friday, February 12, 2010

Configuring For Webcam

I'm working on it. Talking to some people and working on the configuration for port forward and everything. I'm not sure that I'll use the first webcam service I tried, because I don't like how the counter wasn't accurate and went down in number of counts instead of going up like normal. Now it's at 772 hits, but I don't even think this is accurate, and I think there have actually been a lot more. The problem is, if it goes up and down in hits, that makes no sense. I might ask the guy about it. First it was 158, then went down (in hits? it's either a hit or not) to 122 and then it was up to 171 and now it's 772. I don't know.

I don't know if the site is having problems because of the guy running it or if someone else is altering the information.

I just went to an options box to check the port and the port number was 5700. Usually, from my computer tech reading, it's 8080, so I thought I'd try changing a few things but when I went back, I wasn't able to make changes because everything that had been in bold, allowing me to change it, had gone to fade out so it's locked in and I can't do anything.

I think I need to visit a computer tech to fix some of this stuff because I've had a ton of messages that there is some other "administrator" to my computer, and it should be me and that's it.

At any rate, the guy who runs it seemed helpful and responded right away but I got tied up on a call. I looked him up online and from what I gathered, he was or is in the UK military. Patrick Cornwell? Hmm, maybe not. Looked up stuff about live documentary and it's not there at all. So I don't know. I wondered how someone gets into this, and thought maybe having experience as a computer person in military helps, I don't know.

No comments: