Saturday, September 1, 2007

Bear: Maturing Emotions

Hello Little Bear,

I have to write before I forget...Yesterday we were playing hide and seek and then you disappeared into the bathroom, going behind the door. When I peeked around the corner, on all fours, you pushed my face back with your hand--with a grin, but you did NOT want me in there. I realized it was the same you did the day before, when you were, well, "going to the bathroom". You get embarressed in front of me now! How crazy is that?! You're only a year and a half. And you've been shy lately when people compliment how cute you are, and smile and hug me, hiding your face in my shoulder, only to peek out at the admirer and smile and then hide your face again. And you definitely have a sense of humor. We got some new books from the library, and you like:

Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb;
The Foot Book;
For You Are a Kenyan Child (but you like "Frida" more, by the same artist, Anna Juan);
Grumpy Gloria;
Duckie's Ducklings (a 1-10 counting book);
Thomas the Tank Engine's Hidden Surprises;
Squeaky Clean.

I'll have to include the author's name later. Some of the best books are by authors from the UK, as is the author of Squeaky Clean, Simon Puttock, and Jez Albourough.

Grumpy Gloria is the first one you picked out from our pile, which I spread across the floor. You like dogs!

While we played hide-and-seek, you tried out more tricks yesterday. If I was always looking straight across at you, if you had no other place to go, you would then lie down on your tummy, hoping I'd look OVER you! Haha. ;) Smartie-pants.

Love you.

No comments: