Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hotlines For Pesticide Info & Poisoning

I found a good page from the Environmental Protection Agency that covers links and hotlines and all you need to know or want to know about pesticides, updates, and health effects. Included is a specific hotline for serious emergency: 1-800-222-1222, for National Poison Control Hotline, which I haven't tried of course, but the one I did try and was thoroughly impressed with was: 1-800-858-7378, from the National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC). The NPIC describes itself as objective and science-based and I found it to be so.

My intention for making this post is to give others a resource for information, but as I do so, I keep in mind the fact that many who are directly exposed to, or work with, pesticides speak another language than English, usually Spanish. The Poison Control Hotline does have people on staff that speak various languages, and...I just checked the NPIC and I couldn't find a Spanish version so at some point I'll ask them if they're able to include this and update when they do.

No comments: