Sunday, September 16, 2007

Personal ESP, Intuition, and Premonition

I'm only going to list a couple of examples right now. From a couple of experiences when this was new to me.

I do not practice or engage in any kind fortune-telling, astrology, cards, or readings. Of course, with my religious upbringing, anything of the sort was black magic or occult and opposed in the Bible. Later, in religious circles there was a lot of talk about certain intuitive powers coming from an accepted source: God. Dreams, premonitions, foretelling...these things could come from either good or bad sources. But it was accepted that God does gift some people with occasional insights that are miraculous or extraordinary. When I was younger, I never heard about this kind of thing. My parents didn't talk about it, and I never heard about it in church. But when I was in high school, a couple of times, I had insights that I didn't know how to explain. And throughout my life, not at will, but at various times, it happens. However, I always seem to find out what the meaning was after-the-fact.

A couple of examples from high school:

1. I didn't know why, but the idea occured to me that a certain girl wanted to marry my then-boyfriend, and thought they would. I didn't know her at all and never talked to her. I never saw her talking to my boyfriend either and he didn't talk about her. I knew she had been his girlfriend before me, but that had been a year ago. I wasn't jealous at all. It was clear to everyone that this guy was head-over-heels for me and he wrote poetry about and for me and called me whenever he was out of town at a sports game. His friends used to tell me they'd never seen anyone more "whipped" and I guess his own best friend realized it when he saw him reading a Bible (of all things!) because of my religious convictions. So there was no explanation for the thought I had, that she thought they would marry. But I told my boyfriend about it. He laughed and said it was funny because he never talked to her, not for a long time at least. A couple days later he called me back with a shaky voice. He said the weirdest thing had happened. His former girlfriend had called him, out of the blue, and said she thought they were going to get married. Her words were an exact quotation of what I had said to him. He said he didn't know what I had but whatever it was, was weird. He mentioned ESP.

2. Another thing was that I had a dream about him and his girlfriend after me, and when he told me it meant something that had already happened with him and her.

3. Without anyone telling me, I KNEW when he had been out with another girl, and when I'd tell him I knew, he couldn't deny it.

Now the last thing is more common. I think there IS such a thing as women's intuition. But the other things were different. It's happened to me since then, many, many, times. Sometimes I get information or ideas come to my mind that I later find out are true or an event that has already happened or is going to happen. I sometimes get a hunch or a strange feeling about things too and try to follow my instincts.

I used to ignore my intuition, until I realized many times, it was trying to tell me something--sometimes a warning...And then I began to listen and pay attention and probably jump to conclusions at times. But often I'm right. I find I'd rather be wrong sometimes than ignore a potentially important clue or message. What I've experienced has covered many topics and experiences, people, and forms of message. I believe it is a gift from God. I am unable to manipulate it or force it. It comes without warning although sometimes after I've prayed to God to show me something. I don't hear "voices" or see things...I get ideas or dreams and then they play themselves out. Many times I see something that has happened after it has already occured. It's difficult to describe without details, but I'm only leaving a couple of examples for now.

As for knowing this girl thought she was going to marry my then-boyfriend...Did it matter? No. It didn't mean anything to me, and had no purpose, I felt. I mean, what do you do with that? Nothing. I didn't care whether she thought that or not. But it was the beginning of an awareness that I would continue to have these experiences throughout my life.

No comments: