Thursday, September 13, 2007

Submitting a Tip About Local Events or Politics in Chelan/Douglas County

Since moving to this area I've been surprised by the politics, violations, and cover-ups for a county so small. I know The Wenatchee World takes a tepid approach at covering local current events and topics. I believe this is the result of politics as well. I know that several years ago, when innocent people were going to jail for things they didn't do, and their children were taken from them, The Wenatchee World never covered the issue or did investigative reporting. It wasn't until a journalist from Spokane got a tip and started poking around, that the story got attention and then nationwide attention. Someone out-of-town had to cover the matter. I know it's common knowledge in this town that if you have a medical malpractice claim you have to go out of the area for a lawyer because the lawyers are in with the doctors here.

That said, if anyone ever has a tip or a story they want to share, I'm not afraid to write about the truth. I have removed comments made to me from public viewing so any comment or tip to this blog will not be seen by others and I will keep names confidential if that is requested. Thanks.

No comments: