Sunday, April 27, 2008

Colorful Candidates

Ooooh. I am watching political footage and noticing Clinton's dark brown suit with the hot pink, blue scarf and bits of yellow and green. I like it. I think I'm noticing Clinton's fashion sense more than anything these days.

She's also done an amazing job of appearing softer and more sincere. I think someone is telling her to smile more. I'm glad she's still in the race, fighting in a democratic way, but I won't vote for her. Even though I noticed the sign language interpretor on the side, which I liked, and even though she's an excellent and confident public speaker. I just can't go there. Her daughter finally came up with a better response to questions about Clinton's perjury matter (Lewinsky) saying (awhile ago), "If that's want you want to vote on..." Chelsea also quit wearing black to every speaking occasion, which was enlightening. Black is not her color.

I think one of the main things working against Obama is a befuddled expression he has on his face at times, which doesn't reflect his inner clout, but still creates an image, and the worst thing was the comment about gun and religion people. I would still vote for him. His choice of church doesn't really matter, as it's not like his church claims their pastor is the "head" of the only true church or the literal mouthpiece for God. I don't know of any dogma of pastoral infallibility for his church.

The part about guns and religion was the most damaging, but I hope people who were offended will give Obama a chance still, and realize that the gloss of Clinton is gloss. This is a refining fire process for Obama, and it's good for him to battle both McCain and Clinton. McCain isn't bad at all, but I don't want Republican policies right now. That's my main issue. I will vote for McCain over Clinton. I think my main concern about Clinton is not just her husband's influence or how they handled the perjury matter, but campaign and special interest groups. I just don't know if I could ever trust her. What's going on behind closed doors? Obama has made mistakes, but I think in office, we would all see his mistakes up front. With Clinton, there is more cover, which passes for professionalism one hand, and yet could keep the public in the dark on the other hand. I'm more comfortable with the unknown about Obama and his "inexperience" than the unknown about Clinton and HOW she would use her cunning and "experience".

I want something different.

No comments: