Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ideal Marriage Proposal

Here's my ideal marriage proposal:

He: (Hands me a briefcase full of money)
Me: "Oh, thanks!"
He: "Now will you have sex with me until death do us part?"
Me: "Is the deed for the house here?" (shuffle through papers) "Your lawyer
didn't forget about the housework clause, did he? Okay, good."
He: (cup of coffee offered to me, on his knees), "Will you marry me?"
Me: (taking cup of coffee) "You'll do."
He: "Do you find me somewhat attractive?"
Me: "If I didn't, I wouldn't marry you."
He: "I thought you wanted to marry someone for their money right now."
Me: "Not just money. Looks count too. And you're lucky you're not a dimwit."
He: "So is that a yes?"
Me: "Yes."
He: "I've got to call my family! Hang on, let's tell them together!"
Me: "Do you have internet on that phone? Could I borrow it for a minute...I just
need to check my email real quick."
2 hours later...
He: "Are you still blogging?"
Me: "No, I wasn't blogging the whole time. I was doing research too."
He: "Did you tell your family about our engagement?"
Me: "Oh! shoot! I forgot. Ummm, I got distracted, writing about revolutions and
um, some other stuff."
He: "Like what?"
Me: "snipers."

(and yes, I know it should be "Him" and "Her" or He and I or whatever, but I like the He-Me sound) I'll do what I want and you just stop me Language Police.

No comments: