Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Lynne and Jonathan Hoskins: Craigslist Housemate Hell

The housemate from Hell is Lynne Hoskins. Her husband is Jonathan Hoskins, and he works for the State of Washington, of all things, in the housing for the homeless department (as far as I know).

What is shocking about this, is that Mr. Hoskins is a big wig with the State and here he was, advising his wife to take illegal action against me, of removing my rental agreement from my bags and locking me out of the house. I had to call the CLEAR line and a lawyer advised me it was completely illegal and that I could sue for damages, and a police officer advised me this as well.

When I returned to the house, which I had a right to be at, Lynne had put a note on my door that I had until the end of April to move out, or be evicted, for "failure to pay rent". I had a witness with me when I tried to hand her a check for the rent in full, before it was even DUE, and she refused to even LOOK at it, even though I told her what it was, and that it was rent in full. So, at least I have a witness.

I had a right to stay there, but given her frightening behavior, I haven't taken advantage of that right because I do not feel safe with her at that house. I left my things there until the time expires, and I have considered taking her to small claims court for damages, but since I don't want to be there anyway, she's not going to have to "evict" me.

The woman is a nut. I guess the police over here already knew who she was and they've had problems with her before, AND she's had legal problems in Wenatchee too, I guess, where she sued someone over some Triathalon race. She said the Wenatchee judge was corrupt and biased and was making HER pay for the damages. Before this woman got so weird, I actually sympathized with her. NOW, if whoever she was trying to sue needs a witness as to her mental condition and behavior, they can contact me at any time.

I guess she asked her lawyers to CALL my dependency attorney and the state to claim I had "abandoned" her house and she was trying to serve me with eviction papers. If she's going to serve me with eviction papers, after SHE refused to take my rent, and locked me out illegally, I will, pardon my unintellectual phrase: haul her ass to small claims court.

I guess I'm not an intellectual. I'll stick to "activist" which suits me just fine!

No comments: