Friday, September 11, 2009

Work With Latino Company & Images, Prayer

I checked about working for a latino company and they're hiring. So I'm going to discuss more with him at a later date.

I also went to the college to get application materials and ask some questions. I saw a doctor I recognized, biking, and he made a point to be friendly. I can't remember if he is a doctor or lawyer but I know I know him. I can't remember much about him except that he was usually pretty balanced but I really cannot remember why I remember this. I'm sure he is a doctor, now that I think about it.

I was going to go to the Catholic church for the prayer chapel this afternoon but instead I ended up going to the college and then I was too tired to go afterwards.

I sort of had a small image come to mind recently. I guess I should clarify images. There have been a few flashes of images which I know or believe, are something real. I totally disregarded everything in my other post which I should delete. I guess I went overboard, because I wrote something and then I felt like a lot of people were thinking I had prayed over a poem or something, and I didn't even know what I'd written, and I got scared. I didn't know if I'd written something bad or good or just nonsense. So, I went overboard saying all my images were fiction, because they're not. I have had a few things happen which I've later discovered really did mean something, so I know sometimes that is true. However, if I just write a poem, I don't want people to think I THINK it's God-inspired, because a lot of time I'm just trying to write freely. But no, there are a lot of images which I've not made up, and I do believe that it's intended to be a good message to someone, most of the time.

I don't want to write about the image I had today, except privately, but I have been praying more that I will know when to write and share and when to not write anything. I thought the point was to have something touch someone that didn't have to make meaning for me, personally. But I prayed for wisdom, and that God would help me to discern whether it's something I should write, whether I understand it or not, or if it's something I'm supposed to just keep to myself and pray about.

I went overboard last night, trying to disclaim everything altogether, because I didn't believe anything I wrote really made much sense and it wasn't like I got a picture of anything in an inspired way. For example, when I saw the fire, I really did see that and it came out of nowhere like I was seeing a movie, and then I later knew it had to do with the heart of Jesus, or felt that's what it was. Later, I saw one which had roses but I didn't know if that was just my imagination or really something that came to me out of the blue.

So I am trying to figure things out too, because I don't know what is something to share that is good and what is something to share that's supposed to be private and for me to understand later.

At any rate, I would love to work for a latino or bilingual-type company, to work on my Spanish, which needs work. I think, if I have to take pre-requisites for nursing, I am also going to take Spanish.

I just had the thought--maybe nursing and praying is a good combo. Maybe figurately, this is a way of "raising people from the dead" in the sense that you're there to help, the best you can, in practical ways, to keep someone alive or in good health, and then also, you can pray privately, on your own, for the people too. I mean, not that you bring that into the workplace, but you can pray in your own mind and pray for doctors and other nurses too, to know what to do.

I've had a lot of nurses showing support in the last week or more too, so that was encouraging. I had been thinking about it but then almost dropped it and thought it might be impossible if there wasn't water under the bridge, because where would I do practicum and internship? But I found it was this huge weight and relief to find grace and an opportunity to change myself and be allowed to turn something around for good. Other people did this, and they didn't have to, and I'm thankful. It also makes me more optimistic in general, and relieves my anxiety and even some of the bitterness I was beginning to feel.

I went back to the housing place to get a couple of things and even Teria was pleasant. In a lot of ways, I have much to be thankful for and I should count my blessings more.

No comments: