Saturday, February 13, 2010

Nails As Evidence

Someone wanted me to see my son's toenails the other day, probably because they wanted me to notice what was happening to him.

I've had more problems lately, at this location, with computer overheating and maybe some other kind of technology. So far today it hasn't been a problem but I notice when it is and then I noticed my nails today and on my thumb especially, there is sort of a strange effect.

My camera resolution isn't really good so I can't capture how the middle part, which is more blanched, is raised up with a ridge in the middle. If I press down on the tip of my nail, the bottom part of my nail gets color and the very top, but the middle turns white and is more pronounced. On regular nails it does this, but where the ridge is, where it's blanched already, the white follows this contour. It's also slightly more blotchy purple on the other nails closer to the cuticle but it doesn't show with this camera.

This sort of looks like something partially from arsenic, like the pesticide guy said, but actually it is seeming to fit a result from overheating or damage or alteration to the nail from what I've been describing.

No comments: