Sunday, May 20, 2012

Curing Systemic Yeast/Mold and Fungi Naturally

I titled this with "curing" but it's more of an idea of "treating" at this point.  I will try it for a year after I use up what non-diet products I have and let you know.  These are rules:

As for my one systemic yeast problem that they refused to treat both me and my son for, I am going to go on the anti-yeast diet I was on again, now that I have a little more money for things. I am already vegan--I don't use even honey and I'm phasing out bee pollen for chorella, spirulina, and kelp, now that I can afford a little more. This is replace minerals and vitamins you don't get if you don't eat meat, and it also contains DNA/RNA, to promote healthy DNA strands and cells. If you're vegetarian you can use bee pollen. If you're trying vegan, no bee pollen because it's animal product. After I use up what wheat or other pastas I have at my house, it's back to no gluten, no sugar, no fruit except maybe once a week. I might try it for one year to see if I can starve it out and cause it to die. With these infections, I read, it takes up to a year to acheive, because it replaces itself, and the minute you add yeast, starches, or sugar, it gets fed. The only way to kill it without antibiotics (and sometimes these don't work) is to starve it out.

So this means you eat:

Grains: brown rice, millet, aramanth, quinoa, oat bran (no white rice and no wheat, potato flours, buckwheat or oatmeal, an exception made for oat bran). This means any bread will be flatbread (no yeast) and made from the accepable grains and bean or legume flour.

Vegetables: any and every vegetable except limited tomatoes because it's a fruit with sugars and an acidic base that becomes alkaline in the body and can feed yeast. Also, corn is not allowed because of how starchy it is (sugar and a lot of starch). Garlic and onions are good, but together, for someone with blood clotting issues (me, I discovered) you have to have a lot of vitamin k to keep from bleeding. Also, with a little more money now, I can buy odorless garlic pills, instead of garlic. Also, no potatoes because of high starch (converts to sugar).

Acidophilus: Get non-dairy form through fermented (salt only, not vinegar) cabbage, kim-chi, or supplement. I found out, for live and active good bacteria, you need the kind that has to be refrigerated, not canned. (You can make your own sauerkraut easily. My sauerkraut is turning out great, it's even trying to push the lids off of the jars (so I think I need to buy jars for canning and sealing). To make your own sauerkraut my way: slice cabbage into thinnest shreds possible, removing any blemishes. Fill jars with non-iodized salt and water (I just estimate on salt, but a lot is good because it prevents bad bacteria). Put lids on and keep at cool room temperature for 3-4 weeks.)

Mushrooms: eating mushrooms is highly recommended, antifungal and antibacterial but they can be expensive. Shittake is best and then there is kombucha.

Fruits: None to 1-2 servings total a week because of sugars. Replace with ascorbic acid in crystals to get the Vitamin C needed.

Milk and Dairy: Not allowed. No cheese and no dairy. So you go with calcium in other foods, get your Vitamin D from the sun, and you can include soy milk if you want, but it's not necessary if you get calcium from calcium-rich veggies (brocolli) or a supplement.

Meat: I don't eat meat because I'm vegan but if you're not vegan and just trying to cure this, you can eat meat and fish.

Coffee: They say no coffee but tea is okay. Not sure why no coffee but some aspect can contribute to the alkaline-acidic state you are trying to create. Then there are other teas that are good for fighting bacteria: pau d'arco, clove, and cinnamon (buy cinnamon in bulk and add a tbsp to tea). You notice, the tea's that seem to work are bark-based. Pau d'arco is a bark, cinnamon is the ground bark of the cinnamon tree, and clove is the dried flowerbud of a tree. Very tree-based. Eucalyptus extracts and oil, from the bark of the tree, is good for topical but not to try internally. I found cinnamon in high doses effective for instant relief of itch, I used more than 1 tbsp to tea, more like 2-3 tbsps. It's globby, but tastes fine in tea and goes down and works well. Pau d'arco tea is good but I liked it ground up fine like cinnamon and thought it was even more powerful taken internally this way.

Sugars: If you're dying for something sweet but can't have anything that affects yeast, saccharin is a possibility because of zero sugar energy and xylitol doesn't cross through certain systems to allow yeast to proliferate. Natural alternatives would be making a syrup from licorice root to sweeten things, and maybe chicory root (I think it's sweet? haven't tried it alone). I might have to check on licorice root though bc possibly it has same sugars that would feed yeast. xylitol I would use in moderation. Splenda, sucralose, and aspartame still have a higher sugar energy profile that would feed yeast and/or are metabolized in the body in a way to reach yeast. If you have systemic yeast infection, it's in your cells, in your blood, and in tissue. Because blood travels to the brain, the yeast can even reside and play mating games in the brain. So you want a sweetener that does not get into blood and bypasses it, and does not cross blood-brain barrier. Yeast brain. What fun. If the yeast goes to your brain (which it will do if it's gone systemic), left untreated, in bad enough cases, it will start to even damage parts of the brain because it eats away good cells. This is usually in extreme cases, but that's why you want to get rid of it and why not treating this is serious. It is very serious and left untreated, can manifest in not only skin outbreaks, but cognital problems, and can damage your organs too.

Oxygen: Oxygen kills yeast. That's why you see yeast growing in damp conditions or favoring damp or moister parts of the body. Exercise will help increase your oxygen flow to your brain and blood, helping to kill it. There are also some supplements which purport to increase oxygenation in your system.

Vinegar: They say avoid vinegar, but that a little apple cider vinegar is okay. No other vinegars are allowed. No pickles, no vinegar-fermented foods. So this is why you want saeurkraut or kim-chi that's fermented by salt, not vinegar.

Chocolate: No chocolate because of the cocoa butter or sugars I think. If it's cocoa powder though, I don't see why this would hurt. I made hot chocolate with cocoa powder and xylitol and soy milk when I first tried this diet (my diet sustainability was unsuccessful because it does cost a little bit more if you are also vegan and trying this diet).

Beans and Legumes: These are all good and have sulfur profiles which help rid the body of toxins.

All of the ideas for systemic yeast also correlate to fungal problems. Yeast is a bacteria, and fungal infection is a fungus. However, getting rid of either one has similiar aspects. For some fungal problems, if your hair is falling out and you have organ failure, they use a dangerous fungicide by IV through your system. It's what will kill the fungus but it's also dangerous so they use it as a last resort. However, if any yeast or fungus is left untreated and becomes systemic or mutates to another form, it can still lead to greater problems.

From what I've read, you could go 6 months with no yeast, sugar, or starch, and have a brownie and end up feeding latent and hungry yeast or fungus cells hiding out. So I've read you do this for one full year (which is a huge challenge).

Also, the yeast will be killed by not being fed, but if it's fungus or mold, it sometimes needs a little extra exterminator of foods and barks (ground up bark of trees is especially effective for fungus and mold) to get rid of it. The mushrooms are also very good, and as you know, these mushrooms can cost an arm and leg if you eat them all the time, so this is why trying to do this costs a little more money than you get from $200 in food stamps. Add distilled water to the tab, and it's even higher.

If you add distilled watere and follow all recommendations or buy all these things, by still trying to keep costs low, it will be between $300-$400 a month for one person, and that's by still bargain shopping. Closer to $400 when you include water.

Also, if you incorporate occasional 3 day fasts (herbal teas only) and then try a 10 day fast, this will probably help even more.  I would try the 3 days fasts once a month while on the diet, and then a 10 day fast if you feel up to it, after at least 6 months into the diet.  The fast will further kill anything even remotely clinging to any sugar from, say, carrots, or beets, or anything.  It is a very good idea to then try this in addition to the restrictive diet.

2 comments:

Christine Eubanks said...

"Get non-dairy form through fermented (salt only, not vinegar) cabbage, kim-chi, or supplement. I found out, for live and active good bacteria, you need the kind that has to be refrigerated, not canned."

Hmm I'm just wondering, are all fermented foods are good for the guts I mean, are all fermented foods have the same health benefits?

Mama said...

Hi Christine!

No, they are all different. For example, wine is fermented and it is not something you drink on a liquids-only fast. Beer is fermented, sour cream, and pickling with water or vinegar can be a kind.

Some fermented foods are extremely good for you, such as yogurt, and fermented foods with acidophilus and other healthy bacteria. If you're vegan though, you can't eat yogurt so the only natural food I could think of was sauerkraut or kimchi.

I think they have different health benefits but different purposes. For the "gut", yogurt and saeurkraut or kimchi is good. Beer is good (I've heard) for promoting milk in mothers, but I've also heard hops works as well. Beer isn't something "good for the gut" though. Wine is not good for the gut but can be viewed as helpful for lowering cholesterol and for the heart.